Sport20 JDM Build

you need to correct this as shown in the instructions I have linked

it should rest on the battery tray and the coolant reservoir bracket

Why is his way wrong? I have mine mounted the way you have it shown, but the way he has it, it gets better airflow via the hole through which a cold air intake would go.

you're not sucking any cold air from that hole, there is no cold air to suck from that hole, there is no "better air flow" from that hole... you're sucking hot air around the engine bay which makes that intake no better than a standard AEM short ram intake
the intake is designed to fit behind the headlight so that air passing around the headlight gets to the intake... the whole point of being a ram air intake! you get better, more reliable cold air this way, not sucking hot air!

his installation is just plain wrong

his installation is just plain wrong

Dude.. I'm sure he's getting plenty of air. Maybe not as much as if it was located over the hole that goes down in the fender but there's enough holes around that area to feed much more air that the stupid stock plastic system

That extra .6583 of a HP is totally worth it though lol
I see what he means though it doesn't look right installed that way.

Last edited:
Dude.. I'm sure he's getting plenty of air. Maybe not as much as if it was located over the hole that goes down in the fender but there's enough holes around that area to feed much more air that the stupid stock plastic system

Right on.

of course it's getting plenty of air, you can put any intake anywhere under the hood where it fits and it'll get plenty of air... what kind of air you get is another story
as I said, that intake scoop is wide open exposed under the hood and it's sucking all the hot air around it, it's not going to suck much of any cold air from that hole, so wtf is the damned point?

by this kind of logic, that intake is no better than an AEM, your ebay special, or a vatozone special with just a cone filter stuffed onto the stock intake tube... they all get plenty of air... hot air! all they do is suck hot air and you're losing power! all you're making is noise! makes no ******* difference whether the intake is closer to the radiator or closer to that precious CAI hole, hot air radiates all under the hood and it's all going to be s***... physics 101, hot air rises!
so, what's the point of this intake system if you're not going to use it as designed and intended? A big ******* waste of money, that's what!

I'm trying to help this guy here get the most out of his expensive intake and even starting a debate on this is not constructive at all... so think before you reply with such asinine reply as "he's getting plenty of air"... if that is all that matters, then why do people even bother putting in CAIs at all?

Last edited:
That extra .6583 of a HP is totally worth it though lol
I see what he means though it doesn't look right installed that way.

Its more then that :)

All else being equal. i.e. elevation etc. Per 30 degrees Fahrenheit you will lose or gain ~5 hp.

Given the simplicity in moving the intake and the benefits he stands to make, for no cost or very near 0 cost (maybe a bracket from a hardware store?). Will also increase his fuel mileage when stuck in traffic.

of course it's getting plenty of air, you can put any intake anywhere under the hood where it fits and it'll get plenty of air... what kind of air you get is another story
as I said, that intake scoop is wide open exposed under the hood and it's sucking all the hot air around it, it's not going to suck much of any cold air from that hole, so wtf is the damned point?

by this kind of logic, that intake is no better than an AEM, your ebay special, or a vatozone special with just a cone filter stuffed onto the stock intake tube... they all get plenty of air... hot air! all they do is suck hot air and you're losing power! all you're making is noise! makes no ******* difference whether the intake is closer to the radiator or closer to that precious CAI hole, hot air radiates all under the hood and it's all going to be s***... physics 101, hot air rises!
so, what's the point of this intake system if you're not going to use it as designed and intended? A big ******* waste of money, that's what!

I'm trying to help this guy here get the most out of his expensive intake and even starting a debate on this is not constructive at all... so think before you reply with such asinine reply as "he's getting plenty of air"... if that is all that matters, then why do people even bother putting in CAIs at all?

In the absence of a like button. *Like*

Hello! For a long time neither of which did not write! Today we will focus on the engine configuration. Replaced FS-ZE on FP-DE, head FS-ZE, Kinugawa Turbo Exhaust Manifold SUBARU Flange, turbo SUBARU TD05-16G, exhaust pipe custom, catback AutoExe, injector 450сс (4g63t).
6fdeaces-960.jpg

76e6aces-480.jpg

Back