Condensation drain line is clogged...Need to locate...

Velocifero

Wham Bam thank you Ma'am
:
VRM MS6, Sunlight Silver MSP
So I am under the car all over the passenger side and I can't find the exit for the condensate drain. Anybody ever seen it and can give me directions to find it? Ours is clogged and clean water is over flowing into the passenger floor, so I know it is not coolant, other option is condensation since happens also when the AC has been running this jut makes sense... All help appreciated.

Can anyone confirm if this is the drain? The little black nipple to the left of the O2 sensor? It was still too hot back there to try messing with that.
image.jpg

Well if anybody is ever looking, that is it and it was successful to blow compressed air up it to unblock the valve.

I saw that happen to a cx9 awhile ago at a dealership. That was funny to watch the tech run after he was covered in water, lol

Thanks!

Well if anybody is ever looking, that is it and it was successful to blow compressed air up it to unblock the valve.

I joined this community just to thank you for this post. For other CX-7 owners out there who have seen similar posts related to the ac drain location for the CX-9 (the white grommet in the console well), guess what .. it isn't there. For whatever reason, the CX-7 drain is on the firewall as shown in the image at the beginning of this thread. It is easily accessible under the hood.

Just wanted to say thanks too for posting the pic. I would have never found it without it. Didn't have compressed air available but running a long plastic zip tie up through the hole solved the issue on my 2007 CX7.

Wow I know this is an old thread but I sure hope someone is out there. I cant pinpoint in the pic what I'm looking for. Is it the large plastic flat screw thing down at the bottom? Does it unscrew?

This piece..Screenshot_20180810-191345_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20180810-191345_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Just joined this website for this very problem…2010 CX-7. I thought I had located the drain on the firewall, stuck a 12" piece of weed whacker line up there, but barely any water came out. Also tried blowing compressed air, but same thing...I expected a lot of water, but just got a few drops. Can someone post a good, clear pic so I'm sure I'm looking in the right place and any other suggestions are appreciated. I'm sick of having a wet floor on the passenger side!

Back