Weird vibration & noise when driving at highway speed?

leellm

:
2013 Mazda CX-5 GT
Hey everyone, new to the Mazdas247 community.

I got into an accident with my CX-5 on the highway less than 2 months ago, My front left tire was popped, many parts of the front left bumper and fender needed to be replaced. I talked to the one of the guys at the shop who said there was nothing wrong with my car mechanically. I drove to Maryland the day I got my car back from the body shop and noticed as I was driving the front left area seemed to give a low murmuring sound with a slight vibration coming from the gas pedal. However, all of this disappears when I begin braking. I'd probably say I start hearing this noise beginning at 40mph and higher. I've never heard this noise and vibration before my accident, so I went to an auto shop who said all of this was normal and told me to wait it out. Then I took my car to a Mazda dealership who had also told me it was normal. This noise is very disconcerting, and I do miss those quiet drives in my CX5. Honestly, it just doesn't feel right considering this all began after I got my car back from repairs. Any ideas what could be the problem?

Thanks!

It may be that you are just more sensitive to any noises since you are listening extra hard for problems after the accident. See if you can test drive a new one to see if it does the same thing. If not, complain until they fix it.

Did they check (or replace) the left wheel when they changed the tire? It could be bent out of round or warped slightly.

Other than that, it could be a damaged hub or CV joint (presupposing it's not just your imagination as Trey says).

Last edited:
Yes, it's AWD. My dad took it to another shop. They said it was the bearing and needs to be replaced? Hopefully that will fix it.

Back