Exhaust Tips

jreiter02

:
2014 Mazda6 Touring
Anyone know what size inlet and length I would need to install properly fitting aftermarket tips? Outlet diameter doesnt matter to me as I am still unsure what size I want to go with for the look I'm trying to achieve.

Keeping an eye on this one. That's one thing I've noticed as I've seen more 6s on the road. The tips seem a little small for the car.

I think they are also annoyingly far apart... but maybe thats just my personal opinion. Either way... still trying to find some measurements. I'd do it myself, but the weather has been piss poor all week and is really slowing down my processes.

I chopped my stock one of the next day and installed 4" tips. The stock are 3" and the nine is 2.25" I think. 4" is perfect.

So monkee, your saying the inlet diameter is 2 1/4 and you chose a 4" outlet. any idea about the length of the tips themselves. I dont want them popping really deep out of the back.

So monkee, your saying the inlet diameter is 2 1/4 and you chose a 4" outlet. any idea about the length of the tips themselves. I dont want them popping really deep out of the back.

I bought some generic double wall stainless steel slash tips. Mine extends out as much as the OEM tips do, but it's 4" almost to the elbow. When I change my exhaust, I will go with a much more aggressive slash and make it flush with the cut outs. These are fine for now...especially for $20 dollars each tip.

I bought some generic double wall stainless steel slash tips. Mine extends out as much as the OEM tips do, but it's 4" almost to the elbow. When I change my exhaust, I will go with a much more aggressive slash and make it flush with the cut outs. These are fine for now...especially for $20 dollars each tip.

im having a hard time though finding a 2 1/4 inlet to anything as large as 4. especially for that price. thats dirty good. where did you find those?!

im having a hard time though finding a 2 1/4 inlet to anything as large as 4. especially for that price. thats dirty good. where did you find those?!

Mine are just the generic ones that were with the rest of the no name tips. The guy chopped off the stock pipe a few inches before the elbow. Then tapered a tube and widened the other side. He welded the wide part to the tip then slid the tapered part over the cut pipe, like a sleeve and welded it on. Good muffler guys will make it work, you do not need to find all the pieces yourself.

Mine are just the generic ones that were with the rest of the no name tips. The guy chopped off the stock pipe a few inches before the elbow. Then tapered a tube and widened the other side. He welded the wide part to the tip then slid the tapered part over the cut pipe, like a sleeve and welded it on. Good muffler guys will make it work, you do not need to find all the pieces yourself.

Hi. How about the name of the shop?

Hi. How about the name of the shop?

Valley Muffler in Hacienda Heights...it's in a shopping center off the 60 FWY in California. I highly doubt this guy sells via internet...you'll understand if you see this place in person, lol. They did a great job though and the price was right.

Valley Muffler in Hacienda Heights...it's in a shopping center off the 60 FWY in California. I highly doubt this guy sells via internet...you'll understand if you see this place in person, lol. They did a great job though and the price was right.

I'm in Sherman Oaks, so driving wouldn't be an issue. I really like how it looks on your car: not cheesy, but understated.

I'm more of a humanitarian person rather than technical. Im looking for "plug and play", meaning I'd like to come in and tell them "you did so and so for that guy, I want the same" and that's that. I don't want them to ask me many questions on what it is exactly that I want because it will not come out right that way.

What was the price you paid for "everything" pertaining to larger exhaust tips? Thank You!

Muffler work with labor and tips was $80.
Stock tips had to be cut off and new tips had to have tapers welded on and welded on to the stock muffler.

Back