MP5 Factory Stereo Not Responding

VAProt5

I just installed an aux port in the MD/Tape port of my '02 Protege5 factory stereo. I started to reconnected everything and now my stereo won't turn on. I checked the connections and the fuses and everything looked good. Is this an anti-theft lock when it looses power? I've seen some Mazda Radios do this but I haven't seen anything specifically for Proteges.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

There is a whole section in the FSM for the factory stereo.

radio1_zps3c35dbb7.jpg

radio2_zps2b6b0d66.jpg

radio3_zpsbf503a3e.jpg

Thanks pcb,

I tried the instructions you posted and no dice. The unit isn't responding at all. Any ideas what else could be wrong?

This happened to me once, but with an aftermarket radio. I popped a fuse under the dash that caused my radio not to turn on. I checked the fuse behind the radio and under the dash, but nothibg was popped. So I was stumped, and I ended up going through all the fuses and noticed a different fuse popped. I replaced that fuse and all of a sudden the radio started working again. Try checking all the fuses under the fash.

I think pcb is right, I believe thats the one I checked. It was popped replace it and the radio work.

That fuse did it! I checked it afterwork and it was blown. I should have noticed a few other weird things weren't working either: the Dome lights and whatever receives the signal for the power door locks (but not the locks themselves).

Thanks everyone!

Back