Cracked windscreen (windshield)

Geoff

:
CX5 AWD Sat Nav Sport 175 bhp
Seriously pissed off with the CX5 yesterday... was driving along a deserted flat road (no pot holes, no cars to throw up stones) when I heard a bang and a crack instantly appeared and started spreading across from the passenger side towards the middle, it stopped before reaching the middle. Photos below.

8922686949_249001635d.jpg

8923309650_2ef70c0796.jpg

The car has done just over 7500 miles and it has had a lot of issues... rising oil level recall, exhaust sensor recall, issues with the live services not working (still not sorted), fuel economy is nowhere near acceptable (getting about 40mpg on a long run in warm weather) and now this.... short rant over for now. I still like the car, but if any more things go wrong with it that view might change.

Last edited:
There was a guy here in the US who's dealer determined it was a stress crack and replaced his windshield for free.

Geoff
Sorry to hear about your problems, to be honest I think I've dropped a clanger ordering the CX-5, maybe bought a year too early.

This car has serious issues, I've come to the conclusion that if I get away problem free then I'll be in a minority, which won't be good for residuals.

Problems on going as I see them.

1/ oil rising problem, still not resolved for some.

2/ mirror vibration.

3/ hood vibration (bonnet).

4/ windscreen or body fault causing screen to crack.

5/ Disappointing fuel returns for some.

6/ Numerous rattles and squeaks.

7/ common sensor failures.

8/ Pathetic sat nav, especially the live services, and screen is too small IMO.

Ps. I don't see any pictures, link not working?

Last edited:
9300 miles so far and none of those issues apply to me. (cabpatch)

I'm not sure why the links don't work.... If you right click on the little blank boxes where the photos should be you can then select open link.... Have emailed support to see why they aren't working.

This car has serious issues

After 9000 miles, none of those issues.

Although I do agree the TomTom is the worst out there.

But I love the car, feels extremely solid, handles great, awesome fuel economy for it's size and very reliable.

My perception from reading car forums is that the CX-5 is very reliable and well built and serious issues are very rare.

"I've come to the conclusion that if I get away problem free then I'll be in a minority"

After 9000 miles, none of those issues.

Although I do agree the TomTom is the worst out there.

But I love the car, feels extremely solid, handles great, awesome fuel economy for it's size and very reliable.

My perception from reading car forums is that the CX-5 is very reliable and well built and serious issues are very rare.

Geoff
Sorry to hear about your problems, to be honest I think I've dropped a clanger ordering the CX-5, maybe bought a year too early.

This car has serious issues, I've come to the conclusion that if I get away problem free then I'll be in a minority, which won't be good for residuals.

Problems on going as I see them.

1/ oil rising problem, still not resolved for some.

2/ mirror vibration.

3/ hood vibration (bonnet).

4/ windscreen or body fault causing screen to crack.

5/ Disappointing fuel returns for some.

6/ Numerous rattles and squeaks.

7/ common sensor failures.

8/ Pathetic sat nav, especially the live services, and screen is too small IMO.

1) True, mine is 2mm below the X and stable. This doesn't worry me though.

2) True, but does not bother me much.

3) True but does not bother me at all ( cant see it as I sit quite low)

4) Seems fairly rare occurrence.

5) Seems fairly rare. I bet those with poor returns either don't know the methods used to calculate official figures and/or think 80mph should not give a big difference to mpg than 60mph!

6) Some, but managed to fix myself, very quiet now.

7) Seems to be a recall, mine was changed after demanding they do it. At least when the error appears, you know which part to change out straight away.

8) I don't use live services, otherwise can't fault it. It's not as good as some systems but it gets you there easily. Like phones, I don't need my gadgets to do everything!

Ps I just realised you don't own a CX5 yet, I'm sure you will enjoy it when it arrives. The engine is a real peach, pulls like a train, efficient and very quiet.

Last edited:
Yes the engine is really the only reason i'm buying the car.

I'm just hoping I don't have a night shift car, the factory is running flat out to meet demand, having just spent the last two years resolving faults (over 40), with a new caravan, the last thing I need is a car that has to go back to the garage, to rectify faults.

My present car has been virtually faultless over 4.5 years.

Latest posts

Back