USB Audio in 2013 Mazda 3 Sport (Not Bose audio) -- Shuffle Question

ArtemisD

:
2013 Mazda 3 i-Sport
Hi everyone, I tried searching these forums for "USB" and no results were returned, so I figured I'd post and ask.

I just recently bought a 2013 Mazda 3 Sport, and it has the stock audio with USB support (not the Bose optional upgrade). Today, I finally remembered to grab a bunch of music and stick it on a thumb drive to try out the USB audio. It works great, however one thing about it bugs me: I can't seem to shuffle/randomize my playlists.

I know the "3" button on the console is used to randomize, but it only seems to randomize the folder I am in. I have my music sorted like so:

Music (Folder)
---Artist (folder)
------Album (folder)
---------Song (files)

So if I randomize, it only shuffles the Album I'm on, which is sometimes only one or two songs.

Is there any way to have it shuffle the entire music selection? The manual is of little help here, though I plan to give the section on this audio another read after work.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I have had a hard time using the "shuffle" feature as well. I have messed with directory structure and file types, etc... I have settled on the following setup:

-Artists (folder)
--- Songs

That way each "number" as you go through the "folder" arrows up and down goes to a new artist. I have removed the "album" folders and just put all the songs from each artist in to the folder. This makes finding the artist much easier because before the artist and album folders would both have to be sifted through.

For artists that have more than 200 songs (I dont remember the exact limit) I put them as "artist" then "artist 2" that way it keeps it alphabetical and works around the limit of files per folder issue.

Took a while to understand - its not a smart system. The aftermarket decks I have had before this do a WAY better job, but I'm sticking with factory for a while. Just takes some getting used to and "settling" for the it is what it is mindset.

Random for me just jumps to a random song, then goes in order from then on even if random is still lit up on the display.

Back