Short shifter Rattle/Extra play

Pimpecoven

:
2002 Mazda Protege5
Installed my Ralco RZ short throw shifter, shifts are super short, however at higher RPMs there is an obnoxious rattle unless I am holding it in place. Also play to the left. Any experience with shifters anyone? Please help!

I installed my TWM short throw shifter a few weeks ago
i noticed a rattle at above 2k rpms, but it didnt sound like the typical rattle, this sounded like a plastic rattle kind of like the dash does on a cold morning when i start up the car
it turned out to be the spacer i left between the actual shifter and the shift knob... it was white and about an inch long

idk if this will be of any help. but it cant hurt to take off your shift knob and take a look down there, good luck

I installed my TWM short throw shifter a few weeks ago
i noticed a rattle at above 2k rpms, but it didnt sound like the typical rattle, this sounded like a plastic rattle kind of like the dash does on a cold morning when i start up the car
it turned out to be the spacer i left between the actual shifter and the shift knob... it was white and about an inch long

idk if this will be of any help. but it cant hurt to take off your shift knob and take a look down there, good luck

What he said ^^^

I took my shift boot off and drove down the road and noticed it was same white piece rattling as you explained. What is its function, do i need it?

I'll jump in on this as well. Twm shifter installed and now I get a bearing type noise through the shifter. I'm wondering if I have the nut too tight. The twm instructions had no torque values. I already pulled the mysterious white spacer out.

Back