Cx-5 Pro Parts Coil Over kit

It is not the fact of discussing, it is discussing with your holier-than-thou attitude. I have no doubt that in your head you think you are helping, but sometimes it comes across very forceful and annoying. I also know I am not the only person that thinks this. I could quote posts all day just to prove a point and I know we are just fueling the fire because you probably the type of person that hates to be wrong or hates when other people have a difference of opinion but get over it. Your s*** stinks just like everybody else. I am not going to respond any further to this because I am able to move on, the real question is. Are you.

And in the immortal words of Macho Man Randy Savage "I say I'm a million percent. That is better than a hundred percent!"

Feels like we are on vwvortex

It is not the fact of discussing, it is discussing with your holier-than-thou attitude. I have no doubt that in your head you think you are helping, but sometimes it comes across very forceful and annoying.

That's your opinion and you are welcome to it.

But my opinion is you need to grow a thicker skin or at least stop complaining about peoples style points (or perceived lack of).

We are here to discuss our vehicles, not nit-pick personalities.

RS★R Best☆i coilvers
p1.jpg

Coilovers installed
p2.jpg

Here are a couple underbody shots of the RS★R coils installed, but on a different vehicle. I believe he has aftermarket wheels.
p1.jpg

p2.jpg

And here are the camber bolts I found if anyone is interested
p1.jpg

This CX-5 has the Espiler lowering springs installed.
p2.jpg

p1.jpg

Last but not least this is the RS★R lowering springs.
p1.jpg

p1.jpg

Hi Mark, what's the brand/model on the gunmetal wheels in last picture? 19 or 20"? Thanks!

Hmm, this is from last year and I have not seen anything about those camber bolts. I doubt he visits here anymore tbh, I would like to add them to the parts reference in my thread and buy a set myself if those are indeed cx-5 (doubtful as I've come across many cx-5 parts and specific CB have not been one. $1000+ coil overs are still low priority for me car wise right now, I plan my next purchase to be the JBR front sway bar (if it is ever released for the 2014 ms3, we already had one fake out), or the rock blox mudflap.

Last edited:
^Tein make a direct bolt on for our CX5s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what is the "edfc" unit?

Remotely (in cabin) controls the damping. So you can have diff settings (not height) for diff road conditions.

Come to think of it, someone should just get an air ride kit. Lol!

Sure Do!!!

i have a KE2AW and the kit was originally not listed as compatible for the AWD 2.2L but after a few weeks and many phone calls they changed it to be listed as compatible so i snapped up a set though nengun as the normal place i use wouldn't ship.

^Tein make a direct bolt on for our CX5s?

EDFC is electronic damping force controller, its as chris mentions , the basic setup allows you to easily change the damping setting from within the car without adjusting manually, so when wife in car i can make it lazy and soft, and when im driving i can crank it up full race style all uncomfortable and rigid.
The fancier unit can automatically adjust the damping per strut as you drive reacting to speed, gforce etc etc etc , that's a bit overkill for a daily driver to be honest so i went for the most basic unit.

looks like the kit ran about 300$.. I'm guessing there is a motor that turns or something?

That's the type of thing I would look into if a. I had the diesel (it comes stateside). or b. I can get more power from the gas preferably boost.

With the EDFC, Each strut has a high torque fast acting servo motor that screws a valve in or out to adjust damping ( ride quality )

So from the cockpit / drivers seat you can make the ride soft or stiff without manually adjusting the struts, there are some nice videos of it on youtube.

Its a very affordable add-on to an already beautiful product.

looks like the kit ran about 300$.. I'm guessing there is a motor that turns or something?

With the EDFC, Each strut has a high torque fast acting servo motor that screws a valve in or out to adjust damping ( ride quality )

So from the cockpit / drivers seat you can make the ride soft or stiff without manually adjusting the struts, there are some nice videos of it on youtube.

Its a very affordable add-on to an already beautiful product.

Pretty effing cool. Doesn't look like it can adjust height though. I'm really interested in this but it will have to wait as I'm at a critical point between my flight program and the VA.

I am waiting for my rs-r coilovers to arrive. rs-r japan offers 2 versions of their coilovers for the cx-5.
best-I and basic-I.

best-I has damping force adjustment and height adjustment.
basic-I only offers height adjustment.

I will post pix once I get my hands on them.

Back