CX5 Air Conditioning and Hot Weather

The a/c works great but even in the high 80's I always have to put the fan to 3 or 4 to be comfortable in the Pacific Northwest summer. I wish it could be cooler with more air through the vents so I can place it in 1 or 2 fan setting like the old accord.

Maybe I'm just used to the horrible BMW air conditioning for the last 4 years in my 328i, but the CX-5 blows it out of the water. I find my self turning the temperature up because I start to freeze after a few minutes if I leave it on the lowest setting.

Maybe I'm just used to the horrible BMW air conditioning for the last 4 years in my 328i, but the CX-5 blows it out of the water. I find my self turning the temperature up because I start to freeze after a few minutes if I leave it on the lowest setting.

Had an 01' BMW 3 series and the AC system sucked. The (engine) cooling system on Bimmers also suck in general. Some E46 models used plastic impellars on their water pumps and even newer models used plastic reservior overflow tanks for the radiator. I guess it's made for German weather.

Just checking in, and our worst fears have not been realized. The Liquid Silver CX-5 is working like a champ in the AC department. We have had the traditional Washington DC heat wave, high heat (mid 90's) and humidity (with heat index even higher) and the CX-5 handles it very well, at all times of the day.

CX-5 AC is great. 95 and humid here in DC and mine has no problem getting the temp down and keeping it there.

It's been pretty awesome during all this hot weather we are having. Rarely have to go more than two turns on the fan. Way better than my 08 Mazda 3.

just rode in a coworkers camry to lunch. after 10 minutes the a/c still wasnt very cold. CX-5 MUCH better than that

Back