License Plate Lights for CX-5

The led kit from corksport comes with license plate lights..... as well as all interior lights. i think it looks great!!

The led kit from corksport comes with license plate lights..... as well as all interior lights. i think it looks great!!

Dude, I've had the corksport light kit for a couple months now, last night was the first time I've seen my car in total darkness with the lights on as I was taking groceries out for a friend. I left the parking lights on only and holy smokes. the license plate led lights was super bright and lit up the entire back of the car and the ground, LOL.

Yes lets light up our cars like a christmas tree to help cops and traffic camera better read our tags to ticket us...what is the point of this?

Because speeding through intersections is a good idea. People around here get T-boned all the time trying to beat a yellow that's been on for a bit, or end up in the intersections while the other traffic gets green. My rear LP light is bright enough to illuminate the ground slightly at night and I never worry about a camera traffic camera (here in San Antonio there are cameras at almost every intersection and along the highways (not red light cameras though). Those cameras are really only reviewed when an incident takes place.

Yes lets light up our cars like a christmas tree to help cops and traffic camera better read our tags to ticket us...what is the point of this?
Plates are reflective anyway, no matter lights or not... so can't hide from traffic cameras! Best way is follow the rules and not to set them off :)

Because speeding through intersections is a good idea. People around here get T-boned all the time trying to beat a yellow that's been on for a bit, or end up in the intersections while the other traffic gets green. My rear LP light is bright enough to illuminate the ground slightly at night and I never worry about a camera traffic camera (here in San Antonio there are cameras at almost every intersection and along the highways (not red light cameras though). Those cameras are really only reviewed when an incident takes place.

Around here it causes tons of rear enders as people lock their brakes at the sight of a yellow and skid into the intersection.

Also I'm not suggesting it to get around driving illegally. I've gotten 2 at night where I was not guilty and the flash was too far away to properly get my plate but it was readable by plate light...but just barely. Brighten it up and there will be no doubt its easily read. There is no hope fighting them around here guilty or not...I'd rather not make it easier for them. Its not like you will ever see the rear of the car while driving anyways so why does it matter?

Back