Mazda Sunshade, 15% llumar pinnacle series tint all around, and led interior lights

cikon04

:
2014 Mazda 6 i Grand Touring Liquid Silver

I love the way she looks with the new tint. Now I just need to get some led lights for the glove box compartment and the inside of trunk. So far all I have replaced are the MAP/Rear Dome lights, Mirror vanity lights, door courtesy lights, and license plate lights. I will probably do the reverse lights next and get some HIDS for the Fog lights.

I love dark tint, but there's no way I'd do that in Georgia. If you even drive through the state with that tint you'll get a ticket.

More pictures please! I'm trying to convince my dad to get a Liquid Silver GT!

I love dark tint, but there's no way I'd do that in Georgia. If you even drive through the state with that tint you'll get a ticket.
I drive through ATL all the time, luckily I havent been stopped yet!

Can't ticket out of state drivers so you're good to go :D can't go wrong with Llumar. You went with the highest end Pinnacle series. I got one lower with the Llumar ATR 35% fronts and 15% Rears

Before

tint2.jpg

After

tint12.jpg

Before

tint3x.jpg

After

tint10.jpg

Before

tint4.jpg

After

tint6.jpg

And couple of random ones during and after install

tint5.jpg

tint1.jpg

tint11.jpg

tint7.jpg

Looks Awesome man and congrats on the purchase!!! Gotta love that llumar tint. car is a lot cooler, plus it looks better!

Can't ticket out of state drivers so you're good to go :D

They do ticket out of state drivers. If you drive through Georgia your vehicle has to comply with all laws, including window tint. I had a friend that came to visit from out of state with dark tint and we were driving around town, going the speed limit, doing nothing wrong and a state trooper pulled him over for his tint. He tried to explain he doesn't even live here and he bought the car with the tint on it, but the trooper didn't care and tested his tint, then gave him a ticket. My friend is a lawyer and was thinking about fighting it, but after reading the laws he just decided to pay it and never come back to Georgia again.

Wow Georgia has some effed up laws! I just read up on it and you're right but Georgia is the only state in the U.S. that does this! unbelievable that they can get away with that actually. All states have their own laws like in NJ you can make the back windows as dark as you want as long as the front two are not tinted. That is a pretty asshole move on the Georgia State Trooper's part actually, just a money making scheme. Many people also say that Georgia State Troopers rarely pull over anyone just for tints and usually they tack on the illegal tint to whatever ticket or simply give a warning.

Wow Georgia has some effed up laws! I just read up on it and you're right but Georgia is the only state in the U.S. that does this!

Georgia is not the only state that does this - I suspect it's somewhat typical.

Be careful where you "read up" on your info, if it's inaccurate info, it could expose you to a costly traffic citation.

Washington State will also ticket out of state drivers if their window tinting does not comply with state law. I suspect this holds true in some other states as well but I don't want to waste my time checking each state.

The relevant law in WA is:
RCW 46.37.430 (5)

(a) The maximum level of net film sunscreening to be applied to any window, except the windshield, shall have a total reflectance of thirty-five percent or less, and a light transmission of twenty-four percent or more, where the vehicle is equipped with outside rearview mirrors on both the right and left. Installation of more than a single sheet of film sunscreening material to any window is prohibited.

RCW 46.37.430 (7)

<tbody>
</tbody>
"It is a traffic infraction for any person to operate a vehicle for use on the public highways of this state, if the vehicle is equipped with film sunscreening or coloring material in violation of this section."

Rear window can be up to 50%.

What's more screwed up than having vehicle standards is people who misrepresent what the law actually says. Because ignorance of the law can expose us to costly tickets with no legal recourse.

Then they need to make a federal law on tints if some states are going to be assholes about it. These are not cheap items you can just apply and remove with ease. Very outdated and stupid laws.

I've driven through many states across the east coast and as far west as Iowa with 15% tint and never got a citation for it or even bothered by the countless number of state troopers. Yes the laws are there and I'm sure that they would be glad to add on a $35 tint citation but it doesn't necessarily mean that they will pull you over for your tints.

Then they need to make a federal law on tints if some states are going to be assholes about it. These are not cheap items you can just apply and remove with ease. Very outdated and stupid laws.

I fail to see how the laws are outdated. People don't have any better eyesight now than when the laws were introduced. And they were introduced for vehicle safety as well as officer safety.

As a motorcyclist who has nearly been killed twice by motorists pulling immediately in front of me (once at night) and requiring 100% braking (most motorcyclists I know could not have stopped in time), I am in favor of laws that increase my chances of dying a natural death rather than bleeding to death on the side of a road. Without the enforcement of these laws there would be a certain percentage of motorists driving around with windows so dark they would be lucky to see anything at night other than headlights and taillights (and maybe the stripe in the middle of the road). Whoever said you can't legislate stupidity was only half right.

whats the difference between llumar pinnacle tint and 3m? i got 3m on my car.

Last edited:
Llumar pinnacle is top of the line ceramic tint that offers the best heat rejection and since it's cereamic it's guaranteed to keep its color forever. Also it doesn't have the reflectiveness of metal films. Depends which 3M series you got, the most popular 3M film is usually the Color Stable, it's dye based but it should keep its color for many many years. If you got it for looks awesome but if you were looking for heat rejection there are better films out there. Llumar Pinnacle, Huber Optic is damn expensive too that's why Iwent with one step lower in Llumar ATR it's metallic but forme at least it does not interfere with anything so far.

I love the way she looks with the new tint. Now I just need to get some led lights for the glove box compartment and the inside of trunk. So far all I have replaced are the MAP/Rear Dome lights, Mirror vanity lights, door courtesy lights, and license plate lights. I will probably do the reverse lights next and get some HIDS for the Fog lights.

When you get the glovebox and trunk LED lights... would you mind posting the items? I dont know what bulb sizes those are and would like to get some too :)

Back