Lewis7789 MS6 GT build thread

lol i never said UNDER the hood

At that point, large core top mount.

Hey Evan, how's the MS6 after the mini road trip to Mid Ohio and back? Since its your build thread and all...

I still can't believe cleaning the cam sensor fixed that hesitation/bucking I had but she's running like a champ since last week. Hitting 19-20 psi and smooth as butta. I'm ordering the Plastidip (matte white) this weekend and will get her tuned next week. Anyone recommend a good tuner? I'm thinking I'll go with Stratified. They seem to have great results. My LTFT are getting a little too high (hit 9 this morning).

I got some boost tubes from JBR this weekend and will install those tonight. I noticed the stockers are getting a little flimsy and don't want them to crack. And new hose clamps FTW.

Haha, I rarely do too. When Tessa was in the car with me I had her watch the dashhawk when we were getting on the on-ramp home from Mid-Ohio. Otherwise I rarely see boost. Unless it's on a track. I gotta get signed up for some more auto-x's and bring the younger Speed kids with me so we can all work on our driver mod.

I don't even have a boost gauge... Because Stock.

I'm very fortunate that Jake modded everything the same way I would've before I bought it. I love that Dashhawk. So much better than bunch of gauges all over the place.

I'm very fortunate that Jake modded everything the same way I would've before I bought it. I love that Dashhawk. So much better than bunch of gauges all over the place.

For sure. Definitely agree about the gauges all over the place. Unless it's an actual race car, then it's OK.

Too true. However I do wish I had some sort of display hooked to my Hydra so that I could see all relevant information as easily as you do.

Torque uses OBD2 port, doesn't it? My OBD2 port isn't connected to anything.

Torque app

Awesome app

Torque uses OBD2 port, doesn't it? My OBD2 port isn't connected to anything.

Torque is the Android app that connects to a bluetooth OBD2 adapter. You can find the adapter on Amazon for $10-$40. I found the adapter I bought 1 year ago in my orders history, however it is no longer available. I think you should be good with any ELM327 bluetooth OBD2 adapter. They're all basically the same and look the same, so make sure you search through the reviews to make sure it isn't a cheap POS haha.

For the MS3, I had to buy a $10 add-on for Torque as the Mazdaspeed 3 has specific custom PIDs for certain monitors. I'm not sure if the MSM is the same way.

So basically, this is a cheaper alternative to a DashHawk. I definitely like it.

There's also a free plugin called "Track Recorder." This lets you record video through the phone's camera and you can choose specific gauges to display on-screen along with the video.

No offense Phen, but I kinda had a realization last week when trying to diagnose the hesitation that I'm glad I don't have the P5 with the standalone anymore. No diagnostic port means I would have a really hard time trouble shooting any issues. No wonder it took you so long to find you just needed spark plug wires.

I'm sticking to simple mods from now on. :)

#2, how did you quote Phen and still not realize he said his OBD2 port isn't hooked up with the standalone? haha

#2, how did you quote Phen and still not realize he said his OBD2 port isn't hooked up with the standalone? haha

That makes more sense. I thought he was saying nothing was plugged into his OBD2 port so he could use something like Torque LOL.

Ohhhh, gotcha. hahaha. I was like

images

I knew you were smarter than that. But the post is still appreciated for other looking to use the app.

Ah that makes a lot of sense. I was with Evan #1, reading it going "Why is #2 explaining this...?"

No offense Phen, but I kinda had a realization last week when trying to diagnose the hesitation that I'm glad I don't have the P5 with the standalone anymore. No diagnostic port means I would have a really hard time trouble shooting any issues. No wonder it took you so long to find you just needed spark plug wires.

I'm sticking to simple mods from now on. :)

None taken at all. In fact, I hope everyone at some point gets an opportunity to have to actually figure s*** out on their own, and not have their car tell them what is wrong. Really makes you appreciate the diagnostic capabilities of the modern cars.

None taken at all. In fact, I hope everyone at some point gets an opportunity to have to actually figure s*** out on their own, and not have their car tell them what is wrong. Really makes you appreciate the diagnostic capabilities of the modern cars.

images

Back