CorkSport.com is MAZDA PERFORMANCE!
CorkSport.com is MAZDA PERFORMANCE!
Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Lewis7789 MS6 GT build thread

Evan aka "Lady Hands" Lewis7789's Avatar
    Donated: $10

1995 MX-5, 2006 MZ5, 2001 Yamaha R1

Well, a very eventful weekend for me.

Sunday was an auto-x with some friends. I had a blast and the car did really well. I'm pretty happy with the handling setup right now, though I'm sure it can be tweaked. I'm glad I got to get familiar with the car at the lower auto-x speeds before hitting Mid-Ohio.

Then yesterday was a track day at Mid-Ohio. The morning sessions were all in the rain. And since I didn't get a chance to check the sensors and figure out why my DSC and TSC are automatically turned off I was kinda glad, because without them I got to drive the car without these driver aids. However, I spun on the back straight doing about 100mph but managed to keep it on the track. Haha. The Evo driver behind me and I had a good laugh about it after the session. Then the track dried up around noon and I got two dry sessions in. It was a freaking blast. Nothing more fun than following your friends in their MS3 and FC at Mid-Ohio. But then the back straight tried to kill me again. Doing about 115mph, hard on the brakes, turn in.... no power steering. oh shit. Haha. I limped it back to the paddock with plenty of point by's and popped the hood to find the half-ass patch job a previous owner did on a PS line had burst. I really should've replaced that line when i saw it but I thought it was an A/C line. Two trips to Napa for some new hose, hose clamps and PS fluid and she's as good as new and I drove her back home. I'm totally okay with a $7 fix at a track day. Sucks I missed the rest of my dry sessions but it could've been much worse. Overall I had a freaking blast and am looking forward to more track days in this car.

2007 Mazdaspeed3 GT & 2001 SC Protege

i like those numbers! glad to see you did well at the track!

Classic Red 1991 Miata, Magnetic Gray Metallic 2014 Tacoma

From the looks of the attitude of the car the suspension goodies are doing their job very well. It sucks about your power steering but I'm glad you got it fixed and that it didn't put a damper (car pun haha) on your experience overall.

WillD made them for me for a great price. I know Barry does all the vinyl on this forum but hit up Will if you need new numbers, man.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Action shot! Taken by V's girlfriend and captioned as "Installing big turbo for better lap times. " in his PB account. haha

Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Haha that is a great captain!

I'm going through pictures from the weekend and this one is pretty awesome:

(I edited it to make the colors so pretty. It was kinda grayish before.)

Ooooh, that is a pretty one. Thanks for sharing, Will!

Am I vain that I love all these pics of our cars showing up from the weekend?

Nah.

I'm biased though, photography is my other expensive hobby. Haha.

im so jelly of that TMIC

Don't be jelly of heatsoak. Get yourself a FMIC. haha.

I've got the OEM TMIC and I'm curious to see how much better the CP-e version does. Boost temps are silly high when stationary but cool off pretty well once some airflow comes back in.

2009 MS3 GT, True Red

Quote Originally Posted by ajkulish View Post
    im so jelly of that TMIC
    Just get the CXracing FMIC for $300 shipped and call it a day. It's by far the cheapest alternative and I'm loving mine! http://www.ebay.com/itm/170583680596...S:1123&vxp=mtr
    2009 True Red Mazdaspeed 3 GT

Mazdaspeed Coilovers, Cobb AP V2, Corksport SRI w/ TIP, Autotech HPFP, Red Line MT-90, TWM Big Type-R Shift Knob,
    DBA 4000 T3 Rotors, Carbotech AX6 Brake Pads, Corksport SS Brake Lines, Wilwood EXP 600 Brake Fluid, Synapse BPV,
    CXRacing FMIC, JBR Trilogy Mounts (80 duro), JBR .250 Competition Rear Sway Bar, JBR Short Shift Plate[

In Ohio? Check out the Ohio Mazda section.

Fuck an FMIC. theres no need with the K04. the cooling efficiency of an upgraded top mount is plenty for the stock turbo. the difference between a SU top mount and a front mount will not even be noticable. the stock tmic sucks mainly because of the outlet which is restricted. air flows through it slower, making the turbo have to work harder to acheive the factory boost numbers. the added load to the turbo adds heat and therefore decreases power. The SU top mount flows air much more efficiently and allows the turbo to not work as hard and not generate as much heat, and also has a more effective cooling surface. that pairs for awesome BAT's. the BATs from a upgraded top mount and an FMIC will be nearly identical. Plus with a FMIC you get more turbo lag due to the longer routing in piping as well as having to worry about popping off a coupler..

Plus with a FMIC you get more turbo lag due to the longer routing in piping as well as having to worry about popping off a coupler..
    Unless you're Sho. lulz.

But interesting point, Mr. Kulish.

2009 MS3 GT, True Red

Fuck an FMIC. theres no need with the K04. the cooling efficiency of an upgraded top mount is plenty for the stock turbo. the difference between a SU top mount and a front mount will not even be noticable. the stock tmic sucks mainly because of the outlet which is restricted. air flows through it slower, making the turbo have to work harder to acheive the factory boost numbers. the added load to the turbo adds heat and therefore decreases power. The SU top mount flows air much more efficiently and allows the turbo to not work as hard and not generate as much heat, and also has a more effective cooling surface. that pairs for awesome BAT's. the BATs from a upgraded top mount and an FMIC will be nearly identical. Plus with a FMIC you get more turbo lag due to the longer routing in piping as well as having to worry about popping off a coupler..
    Actually, the CXracing FMIC has no noticeable increase in lag because it uses the shortest route possible. It also helps that it doesn't have a mammoth intercooler core. I actually feel like the turbo spools up quicker now that I have mine. Also, I've done a few data-logs and I've seen my boost hit 18psi, about 1.5psi higher than it was with the stock TMIC. If you want to spend more money, you can buy the SU TMIC ($495, on sale right now for $395). You shouldn't have to ever worry about popping off a coupler if you don't increase the boost a ton and you install it correctly. Also, if you ever do a track day, a TMIC will heat soak after 15 minutes on the track since it's on top of the hot engine. If you're never going to track your car, I agree FMIC is overkill and you might as well stay with the stock TMIC.

Sorry for the thread-jack #1 lol

Quote Originally Posted by Evan9999 View Post
    Actually, the CXracing FMIC has no noticeable increase in lag because it uses the shortest route possible. It also helps that it doesn't have a mammoth intercooler core. I actually feel like the turbo spools up quicker now that I have mine. Also, I've done a few data-logs and I've seen my boost hit 18psi, about 1.5psi higher than it was with the stock TMIC. If you want to spend more money, you can buy the SU TMIC ($495, on sale right now for $395). You shouldn't have to ever worry about popping off a coupler if you don't increase the boost a ton and you install it correctly. Also, if you ever do a track day, a TMIC will heat soak after 15 minutes on the track since it's on top of the hot engine. If you're never going to track your car, I agree FMIC is overkill and you might as well stay with the stock TMIC.

Sorry for the thread-jack #1 lol
    the comparison wasnt between fmic and stock tmic, it was between fmic, and upgraded tmic. Fmics are all fine and dandy, i had one on my protege. hell i could probably piece together a kit to toss it on my ms3 for a few dollars. but i like the stock look too. with my stock tmic, i hit as high as 20 psi, and it holds steady at 16.7-16.9 psi

Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast