Lewis7789 MS6 GT build thread

Unless you're Sho. lulz.

But interesting point, Mr. Kulish.

That was due to SU's fail boost tubes. All is fine with the stock tubes ;).
I obviously havent done any track days or autox...but upgraded top mount vs stock tmic, im seeing lower BAT's at cruising speeds and WOT as well as sitting in traffic.

What i will say for evan #2 and aj, watch your fuel pressure with the upgraded intercooler if you dont have HPFP upgrade. My stock pump would drop to 1000psi or less at any boost level over 16.5psi.

These teeny tiny k04's dont really lag though unless you have a lead foot at low RPM's, but we all know not to get into it until around 3k rpm anyways.

Edit:

I dont know how hypertech targets boost, but with the SU TMIC, Test tipe, CAI, and HPFP i was overboosting until a buddy helped me out and lowered WGDC in the earlier rpms due to the increased flow. Running the same stage 2 cobb map with the stock intercooler, i always met boost targets which was 19.5 tapering down to 17 by redline.

Last edited:
Lag? From a turbo that has full boost around 2500 rpm and is the size of my fist? You're silly.

What i will say for evan #2 and aj, watch your fuel pressure with the upgraded intercooler if you dont have HPFP upgrade. My stock pump would drop to 1000psi or less at any boost level over 16.5psi.

These teeny tiny k04's dont really lag though unless you have a lead foot at low RPM's, but we all know not to get into it until around 3k rpm anyways.

I've been watching my fuel pressure closely and it seems like my stock pump is good enough. At WOT, I'm not seeing any drops below 1600psi. I already bought Autotech HPFP internals and they should be here by next Monday. EdgeAutoSport finally got them back in stock.

So I think I may have fixed that bucking/hesitation issue I was having. I removed the TMIC, battery and intake to get to the O2 sensor plug. Turns out I ordered the wrong O2 sensor (doh!). I received a Po34o code once which could be a couple things, one of them being the cam position sensor. So while I had the TMIC off I popped the cam sensor out and there was a big sludgy booger on it. I wiped it down well and replaced it, along with everything else and buttoned everything up. I've been driving the car for 2 days without a single buck/hesitation. And it seems like vacuum/boost is lower too. The car feels stronger and smoother. Hopefully that was the simple solution for that issue.

And I washed the car in the rain this morning. I'm that weird.

Yay for fixing the bucking/hesitation! (Which I thought was you just sucking at driving until you explained. :))

And I've washed the car in the rain, best time to do it if you ask me.

dont you mean you took of the TMIC to give to AJ in exchange for his factory one in an even trade?

Yeeeeaaaaah, no. How about I give you my stocker and you can superglue the two together to make a dual core intercooler?

Oh lord have mercy. Here we go. Engineering students gone wild.

:D

i wonder if i can weld the collector ends before the fins and all that stuff. or connect them with auxillary piping so that the air flows through both stacked intercoolers?

i figured hood clearance would be an issue. maybe im just thinking a little too far out there

Evan, did you figure out why dsc and tcs werent working?

No, I keep forgetting to jack up the rear end and take a looksie. Honestly though, I'm in no hurry to hook them back up. It's much more fun to drive with them disabled. Until winter comes... lulz.

Two words... "tin snips".

Ricer/redneck hood scoop perhaps? If that were the case there would be no stacking of the IC's.Eff it, cut a huge friggin hole in your hood and stack that s***! Rice baller fo sho!

Last edited:
Who was being sarcastic? There's no way you're going to fit 2 ICs under the hood and retain the ducting that directs airflow through them.

But enough IC talk in Evan's build thread. :D

Back