Lewis7789 MS6 GT build thread

I want to be like Phen so much I just bought this guitar.

DDIMEDFHX-P.fpx

Looks pretty good. I've always liked white with gold. I don't know if it's the lighting or what but do the edges of the doors have a lot more PD on them than the middle of the door skins? The white looks more opaque the closer you get to the edge.

It will be interesting to see how well it wears. A guy I know with a Genpu has used white PD on a lot of his trim and he couldn't keep it clean. It would get stains very easily and the only way to fix it was to strip and respray. He ended putting like five coats of clear PD over the white PD to "protect" it from dirt and stains but the clear just got dirty. He gave up and switched to bronze PD.

I'll get some better pics after work, it's sunny so far. It rained on the way to work this morning and it's already dirty. Haha, I'm sure this will be a pita to keep clean. But it's not a show car. I'm not really too concerned on how it looks. I just wanted to fix the rust and get a cheap paint job. I heard a lot of guys using Meguiars spray wax to help keep it clean and give it more of a satin finish. I'll try some stuff out.

Of course, I would much rather have a shiny, waxable clean MS6. But I just didn't want to pay $1500 for paint. This will do for now until I find a clean shell in a couple years and transfer everything over.

when i had my flat white on the protege i couldnt keep it clean either. UNTIL i went and bout some mr clean magic erasers. s*** is bomb.

Haha, that would be sweet. Like GTA.

A lot of guys say they go through car washes but I wouldn't trust it. I usually wash by hand anyway. Because I like clean wheels. ;)

Can you go through a car wash? If you do, does it peel completely off? That would be a great way to ditch the po-po

I'm going to buy a car wash, modify it so that it peels the plasti-dip off during the wash, and give free car washes to anyone with plasti-dip. Bam! Plasti-dip problem solved.

Most definitely, I just have to funnel some money out of one of my shell corporations...

Evans car looks great in person. Boatloads better than the other ms6 that was dipped white earlier this year. Props to you, man!

Evans car looks great in person. Boatloads better than the other ms6 that was dipped white earlier this year. Props to you, man!

Thanks, Sho. It's still ugly, just not as ugly.

I'm going to buy a car wash, modify it so that it peels the plasti-dip off during the wash, and give free car washes to anyone with plasti-dip. Bam! Plasti-dip problem solved.

I think you would have more fun putting small slits in the dip with a razor blade before they go to your dip removing carwash. That way you can be sure to get peelage. Be sure to install security cameras with sound so you get to hear the guys bitching cause their s*** just peeled off.

When my roof was dipped, it held up through the car wash just fine. The only thing was i mixed in some anti slip coating to give it a texture (which looked stupid btw) and the rubber pellets would wash off.

Dinner with friends yesterday;

So Sho pointed out a thread that Jon D. started about an ABS sensor being bad and causing all the same lights on the dash to come on that I have and resulting in the car running in FWD only. Well fml. No wonder I have so much understeer. I've been running in FWD since I put the coilovers on. Haha. So I'm going to check everything this weekend and see where the issue is and get it sorted so I have AWD again. Doh!

Back