Pandora connectivity issue via bluetooth

I'm having issues trying to connect my Moto DROID X Pandora app to thecar Mazda6 via bluetooth. The procedure I've used is to enable BT on the phone, start Pandora on the phone then start the Pandora function on the car. The phone connects to the car and hands free phone function works fine, but the Pandora function states "the application could not be started or phone is not connected." (I forget the exact phrase) The manual has very little info on Pandora through BT so I'm reaching out to the Mazda community for some guidance and help. Thanks!

UPDATE:

Chalk it up to operator error or whatever else but the connectivity issue was a hidden phone setting. In the Android Pandora app under "Advanced" settings, enable Bluetooth for car audio. Originally I thought it was an issue with BT setting. On the positive side, if you stop somewhere and turn the car off the phone audio will pause and the song will resume after engine restart.

Last edited:
It must be different than on the iPhone, but you can try it on your phone and see if it works the same. I click on the Pandora tab and if the app is already running on the phone in the background, it will pick it up. If it's not already running, it will send a message to the phone which prompts for a confirmation if I would like to allow the car to launch the app.

I have the same issues with Pandora on an Android phone (Samsung GNex). Just letting you know you are not alone!

I've got an Android too... Galaxy S2 I can get Pandora to work with the car but not on the Pandora section of the Nav system... it only seems to work through the Blue Tooth section... I can skip to the next song and do what I need to do but I dont get all the Pandora info that I'm supposed to. It's buggy for sure. I've actually set it up where it worked perfectly but I cant seem to replicate it, or it wont stay that way.

Good thing the gas and brake pedals works correctly =)

I'm using Huawei Premia with MetroPCS and Pandora works fine under Pandora tab. First time setup worked like a charm. Not sure if its a bluetooth version thing.

UPDATE:

Chalk it up to operator error or whatever else but the connectivity issue was a hidden phone setting. In the Android Pandora app under "Advanced" settings, enable Bluetooth for car audio. Originally I thought it was an issue with BT setting. On the positive side, if you stop somewhere and turn the car off the phone audio will pause and the song will resume after engine restart.

I am having the same issues, I checked my Android Pandora app and Bluetooth for Automotive was already checked. Really bummed about this, only owned my 6 for 24 hours...

Just like WCH my Bluetooth for Automotive setting is already checked and I'm having the problem. I have a 2013 MS3 w/ Tech package and a Galaxy S4. The app connects to the headunit and displays the song metadata but I don't get any audio. I get "Pandora Error" after a while.

You shouldn't need to turn on Pandora from the phone first. If you hit the Pandora tab on the headunit, it should start Pandora on your phone automatically, the only thing you need to turn on first is bluetooth. That is how it works for me.

On another note, I would check out the phone forums, other phone settings for your issues. The problem with Android is that there are too many different versions and manufacturer bloatware that makes it hard to make everything compatible.

I use a rooted Galaxy Nexus, and all the functions works as they should.

Just like WCH my Bluetooth for Automotive setting is already checked and I'm having the problem. I have a 2013 MS3 w/ Tech package and a Galaxy S4. The app connects to the headunit and displays the song metadata but I don't get any audio. I get "Pandora Error" after a while.

You shouldn't need to turn on Pandora from the phone first. If you hit the Pandora tab on the headunit, it should start Pandora on your phone automatically, the only thing you need to turn on first is bluetooth. That is how it works for me.

On another note, I would check out the phone forums, other phone settings for your issues. The problem with Android is that there are too many different versions and manufacturer bloatware that makes it hard to make everything compatible.

I use a rooted Galaxy Nexus, and all the functions works as they should.

I wondered about that but it doesnt seem to happen consistently. I'll try it out later today. Thanks for bringing that up. When I manually turn on Pandora on the phone, it sometimes hooks up and sometimes doesnt.... probably 50/50. I rarely leave bluetooth on the phone so I usually have to activate it when i get in the car but dont always remember too.

Most days I just plug in with a cable and move on with my life. All this techno tweaking gets irritating when ALL I WANT TO DO IS DRIVE!

Back