still surging under acceleration

whatusername

:
02 protege5
ok so i have this annoying problem with my p5 it surges under moderate to hard acceleration i have been trying to fix this problem since i bought the car back in feb. i have no cel light no codes now does not backfire under decel. No misfire. What has been done so far is intake manifold replaced mass air flow cleaned egr cleaned iac cleaned exhaust manifold gasket replaced 1.8 coils conversion so coils replaced. throttle body cleaned injectors replaced fuel pressure regulator solenoid replaced plugs replaced wires replaced intake hose thotoughly inspected for leaks and cracks and is in great shape. all vaccum lines checked/replaced. i am out of ideas. can anyone help?

When you replaced the plugs - what was thier condition? Even burn pattern on all the same? One look different?

Is the fuel pump output volume good? (IIRC it must fill a quart jar in __seconds kinda' test)

Mine always does this when my fiance drives it. A day of runing the piss out of it usually clears it right up

When you replaced the plugs - what was thier condition? Even burn pattern on all the same? One look different?

Is the fuel pump output volume good? (IIRC it must fill a quart jar in __seconds kinda' test)
I have not tested the fuel pump yet I did put it on the scanner that gave live readings and everything looks pretty good. mass air flow sensor is within range oxygen sensor is working short term fuel trim fluctuating ok long term fuel trim was positive 6 which is just a little bit out of range but could not test a fuel pressure because there is no screw on port so how do I test it?

Here's the checklist from the FSM:

Keep the fuel filter in mind,... it could be clogged.
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...How-To-Change-Your-Fuel-Filter-(lots-of-pics)

surging_zps67ce0c8b.jpg

Here's what they say about the fuel pressure gauge:

pressure_zpsc997ac73.jpg

I found this diagram:

pressureconnection_zpsf6cf5716.jpg

Last edited:
Is star gauge between fuel filter and fuel distributor? I have no clue what the hell they're talking about a picture reference would be much better and much appreciated

Looks like it hooks up at the fuel rail under the hood.

I'm thinking that a semi-clogged filter could have a bigger fuel pressure drop during the high fuel demand under hard acceleration. If you manage to hook up a fuel pressure gauge,... I'd see what happens when you hit the gas,... see if the pressure drops off then.

PCB there's no fitting on the fuel rail that's why I couldn't check it yesterday and if there is a fitting I have no clue what it looks like it because it ain't a screw in type

holy crap just checked this thread from my home comp y couldnt i see those diagrams from my phone? i feel like a horses bottom now lol

Mine always does this when my fiance drives it. A day of runing the piss out of it usually clears it right up
tried that today and no dice also have a new problem my idle is staying up some round 1500- 2500k and when i pull up on the gas pedal with my toe it goes back to normal till i either drive or rev and then its high again.. ive already sprayed pb blaster on the throttle body spring where the cable is but still have the issue

Back