2014 CX-5 Touring...Won't start

:
2014 cx5
New Mazda owner here.Only 500 miles and less than two weeks old and the key fob would not lock the doors .Opened the door and there was no power to the whole car even the red blinking security icon was dead.Had driven that day with no problem. Every thing was turned off[have never driven the car at night so no headlight issue].Hooked up jumper cables and the dash powered up and it started after a few minutes letting the battery charge.I drove around the block,turned it off and it started right up.Anyone have this problem?

Well just back from the dealer.Tech could find nothing wrong .Reflashed the computer.Then they called Mazda main tech and were told to take a #1 ignition relay out of a 2014 cx 5 on the lot and put it in mine.They would then sent a replacement for the one on the lot,so I did not have to come back.Don't know if this is the fix but it was all the main Mazda tech could come up with.So far we love this vehicle and the gas mileage is so much better than our 2003 Explorer 4X4.But the Explorer was never in the shop for the 10 years we owned it.So bad start for the Mazda.

Are you sure you didn't leave a cabin light on? Sounds like a simple case of dead battery.

Another user on here reported having their battery swapped out. It's rare, but batteries can be bad too.

From your second post it seems like nothing was wrong with the car and they swapped the relay for no reason. (as in your first post you said even the doors would not lock)

No lights were left on.The first thing the tech did was test the battery.It was perfect.The reason they replaced the relay was the trouble shooting sequence was battery test, check a interface for corrosion between the drivers door and the body,and lastly replace the relay and reflash the computer.Going to keep the jumper cables in the spare tire well just incase.

Check it at night to make sure someone did not bump the dome light as it will run the battery down. Also make sure you push button stop the car when you get out or not double bump it into accessory mode when you exit as it also kill the battery.

My car is refusing to start right now.
I have the interior light turned off all the time. (Even when doors are open)
I have the headlight off.
It started and drove fine this afternoon about 5hours ago.
It appears to be dead battery.
10000miles and 10months old.

If you stop the car before it's in park and then put the car in park, you might think its off when it's really in accessory mode. This will kill the battery if you leave it that way. I know because this happen to my first CX5 and it was my fault.

My wife's CX-5 stranded her about a month ago, due to an undercharged battery. Had to have Mazda roadside rescue her.
Had about 32K miles at the time, and a little after the 2 year ownership mark.

My car is refusing to start right now.
I have the interior light turned off all the time. (Even when doors are open)
I have the headlight off.
It started and drove fine this afternoon about 5hours ago.
It appears to be dead battery.
10000miles and 10months old.
Jump start from my wife's cx5 went smoothly. I drove my car home
And parked it in the garage overnight. The Next morning, it started fine without any hesitation or sign of weakness.
I think the car computer got confused during my lunch on Saturday when I had pushed the start button to crack open the windows while the car was parked.
I pushed the button twice to get the power to the windows and pushed again to turn it off. I didn't like how much the windows were lowered so I repeated the process. Maybe I pushed the start button too fast and it got confused and left the power flowing even after I turned it off.
Maybe I didn't turn it off? I always look at the dashboard to make sure no lights are on

The power thing on cx5 is not good because the power cuts off as soon as you turn off the engine. And also you have to get to ignition to move the windows instead of just going to accessories mode where you can operate the radio.

Change your key fob batteries ASAP. My wife's died after one year and she didn't know that if you hold it to the push button you can start it once.

Keep in mind also that the accessory power outlet under the center armrest as well as the one in the back draw power even if the car is off.

Keep in mind also that the accessory power outlet under the center armrest as well as the one in the back draw power even if the car is off.

The power outlets do not draw any power regardless off whether the car is on/off/accessory mode. There is only electrical draw if there is an accessory plugged in that is drawing power.

Not sure about over there- Over here the CX5 here will automatically turn off the Accessories after a set time( I think it's 10 min's). It turns radio,dash lights/interior lights off.This is when the engine is off and stationary,and in Accessory Mode.
Maybe try it next time your sitting in the CX5 for extended period,waiting for the wife, listing to the radio.

It happened to me a few weeks ago. I left the light on in the luggage area by mistake and didn't drive it for 3 days. Jumped it with a battery charger and it's been fine ever since.

If you stop the car before it's in park and then put the car in park, you might think its off when it's really in accessory mode. This will kill the battery if you leave it that way. I know because this happen to my first CX5 and it was my fault.

If the battery was dead, why would the lights and radio turn on then?

Back