Headlamps Replacement

REDOTTERRICH

:
2016 Mazda CX-5, Titanium Flash, Touring w/Tech
I am not up to date on modifying vehicles so forgive me..
I would like to replace my daytime running lamps with LED bulbs. I have seen a few for purchase, but is it just as simple as replacing the bulb? If I want to replace any other bulbs with LED, is this simple? Or is there any special things I am missing to make this work?

I am not up to date on modifying vehicles so forgive me..
I would like to replace my daytime running lamps with LED bulbs. I have seen a few for purchase, but is it just as simple as replacing the bulb? If I want to replace any other bulbs with LED, is this simple? Or is there any special things I am missing to make this work?

Yes. All the bulbs with the exception of turn signals is plug and play. Turn signals require a resistor otherwise you get fast blinks.

Sixth-Time-e1314312992816.jpg

you have a sport, so no, you dont have an easy way unless you dont mind losing your highbeam capability (and even then its not easy, if you search and see....)

Thanks for your input, but I am confused how the daytime running lamps affect the high beam capability?
Also, this forum isn't easy to search. Wouldn't have posted if I found a thread that answered my question. I just figured there would be other decent people to answer my question without getting pissed that, "yes, this topic has already been covered."

Thanks for your input, but I am confused how the daytime running lamps affect the high beam capability?
Also, this forum isn't easy to search. Wouldn't have posted if I found a thread that answered my question. I just figured there would be other decent people to answer my question without getting pissed that, "yes, this topic has already been covered."

The day time running lights ARE the highbeams on a lower setting.

what are you searching for? because i haven't had any issues before here, but if you go to main page of this subforum it should be within the first or second page a very very lengthy thread about the interior and exterior lights

the drl's in non-tech package 5's are actually the highbeams running at a lower voltage, so its been rather problematic to replace them with leds, and those that have, lose any highbeams afterwards

So the next question is, has anyone actually replaced the p13w incandescent bulb with an LED, and if so, which one...takes an awful lot LEDs to replicate the luminous intensity of an incandescent. Is there a resistance issue because of the presumably lower power draw?

this^^ but its a p13w bulb, not any standard headlight style bulb

So the next question is, has anyone actually replaced the p13w incandescent bulb with an LED, and if so, which one...takes an awful lot LEDs to replicate the luminous intensity of an incandescent. Is there a resistance issue because of the presumably lower power draw?

yeah, lots of us have, haven't had any issues, think it stands out just fine, no resistance issues either.

myself and many others got this led set

there's one on the site listed for the cx5 but dont get it, i got the same bulb from amazon originally and it sucked, sent it back

the linked one for the camaro is much better

Gio26NJ and stromdriver -

Thank you very much! I may have sights on a set in the future!

Back