new protege owner, need help on buying some performance parts.

jrdyer

:
2003 Mazda Protege5
I found a good deal on craigslist for some cheap performance parts. I don't plan on putting anything in yet I just want to buy some parts while they are cheap then slowly piece everything together to put it in all at once. basically I am wondering which of these parts will work with my 2003 p5, it has the 2.0 engine. any help is much appreciated, I assume the turbo header, grounding kit, and possibly the BEGI billet fuel pressure regulator and EDM intake just don't know if it is even worth it.

Good sized FMIC,very rugged,was going to install on my WRX,but going with a big TMIC. $100 or $140 with some pipe,misc fittings,elbows etc...
Turbo header for mazda mp3 or mp5 4cyl. $50
BEGI billet fuel pressure regulator,like new,it is boost regulated,very nice. $125
A Mazdaspeed grounding kit(will work on any brand though),has LOTS of 8 ga ground wires,to ensure your entire engine compartment is grounded. $30
JDM Hyper Voltage GT box. Ensures you are getting full voltage at your ECU etc. $75
Tial 38mm wastegate with screamer pipe-nice,if it doesnt sell,Ill put it on my WRX- $195
Greddy Type RS BOV,purple top,recirculating,or could be used for atmospheric,used for less than a week,sold 240.Same deal,if it doesnt sell,it will fit my WRX. $85
EDM (European) intake for MP3 Mazda hot hatch,red powdercoat. Was told it will be a big HP boost over the USDM part. $45
Garrett T3 turbo, nice no shaft play, exc for turbo project. Off good running Saab 9000 $75

Damn I need that turbo. Wish I had the money

Btw the mp3 intake mani has factory vtcs delete. More than likely what you have is just a 626 intake manifold

I have a type rs bov purple top and all. Straight from eBay for $20, just saying

Thanks for the speedy response and ebay tip. I heard that t3 turbo would work on my car is this true?

Welcome to the forum

This is a difficult platform to modify but a lot of fun as well..

have a look at mp5t.com if you want to see what is possible.

Back