How loud is it inside the cabin?

I always have a rattle when the wife's in the car, once I've turned the stereo on I don't notice it.

Hey, wanted to add my thoughts and experience to this matter as a 2014 CX 5 owner. There is a great deal of road noise on this vehicle at highway speeds, particularly with concrete pavement (Interstates). In April I test drove the CX 5 and 4 other comparable SUVs, all the others (little to no road noise) were driven on the Interstate (dealers in the area) the only one not driven on the Interstate was the Mazda, my fault. The noise appears to be coming out of the rear wheel well area.

I spend quite a bit of time on the Interstates for my job and the noise is constant. Friends say "just turn up the radio", but that’s not a solution. Both Consumer Reports and Popular Mechanics magazines have made it a point in their reviews to mention the "noise issue", wish I had read them first. The decision to purchase was based on my need to improve fuel economy, the looks and how the vehicle physically drove. (all of these are great) But I have regretted my purchase since the 1st road trip. Either a financial loss is taken by trading / selling it or I do something about it.

So I have driven with the local dealer's lead Mazda mechanic, who said that it does appear that the noise is coming from the wheel wells and that the noise is acceptable, but referred me to the Service Manager. The Service Manager and the Mazda Regional Manager drove it and it was reported back to me by the Service Manager that the Regional said that there was nothing wrong with the vehicle and that was it. The SM said he would contact the Sales Dept to see if they would cover an undercoating for the wheel wells. Still waiting….. to hear back. If I don’t hear back then I will pay for something to lessen the “noise”. Of my last 5 vehicle purchases the CX 5 is the only one to have this issue.

Latest posts

Back