Clutch issues

tweety2300

:
2001 mazda protege mp3
Not quite sure what the deal is but when weather is hot its almost like the clutch isn't disengaging completely and will grind just about every gear if it will go in. Master slave and slave cylinder are less than 2 years old and I have no air in the line. If I slam the clutch pedal to the floor it's fine but pushing it in normally I have issues.

You know WAY more about P5's than I. So you probably thought of these already.

Worn clutch. Or......

After I replaced clutch, has similar issue. Had to just about push clutch pedal through floor to start and shift.
Mechanic readjusted clutch pedal somewhere under dash. After that, plenty if clearance for shifting - no grinding.
Didn't watch so not quite sure. Someone here will know, if u don't already.

Clutch is not slipping any at all. ( had a bit of fun testing that one :D)

I did forget that we can adjust the pedal, ill have to look at it and figure out how. Although pushing it down further doesn't help when I do it slowly, it has to be shoved down very quickly.

I have tried the usual. Sprayed wd40 on shifter bushings, bled clutch, I do have a bad passenger mount but its never given me issues before. It's just puzzling that if I slam it as fast as I can its fine. Usually people just have issues going into first I'm having issues with every gear it even grinds going into 4th and 5th when it acts up

Latest posts

Back