Fluctuating Idle

kkcdaddy

:
2014 CX-5 GT
Hi guys, I've got a 14 GT Fwd with 1600 miles. About a week ago the rpms started fluctuating
Between 500 and 750 every time I turn on the a/c, and 2 days ago the cel came on with the " engine needs inspection" message. Anybody have a similar situation? I did a search, but couldn't find anything. Thanks for any help you can give.

Drop by the dealership. If there's an issue it will be remedied under warranty. It doesn't sound like it's anything serious but it wouldn't hurt to get confirmation.

Hi guys, I've got a 14 GT Fwd with 1600 miles. About a week ago the rpms started fluctuating
Between 500 and 750 every time I turn on the a/c, and 2 days ago the cel came on with the " engine needs inspection" message. Anybody have a similar situation? I did a search, but couldn't find anything. Thanks for any help you can give.

Did you have your engine inspected 2 days ago? I mean it seems obvious that you would have but maybe u havent?

Maybe a vac leak.

Agree that it probably isn't serious. It sucks that it is a problem on a new car, but it happens. Swing by the dealer, like Mike suggested, and get it resolved.

Thanks guys for the suggestion. Dropped the car off late Friday afternoon, and the dealer called me early Saturday morning telling me the car was done. Turns out it was the air cleaner box was not sealed correctly, so if anyone else has the same symptoms check the air cleaner box. It could be that simple.

Thanks, that does help. My car fluctuates between 550 and 750 depending on how hard I was driving-coming off the freeway at a red light it's at 550, driving slowly on the street and it's 750. This is all without the A/C on

Back