Front end clunks/sounds

:
2002 P5 Wag
I'm hearing plenty of front end clunks and thuds - funny thing is I do not presently have a front swaybar so it can't be the endlinks.

I guess my question is this - what else makes those clunk sounds?

I've replaced both lca's (and thus new balljoints). I have not replaced the tophats on my coilovers though (still stock...and kind of showing their age).

two front clunks i solved that were not end links:

-CV joint in early stages of faliure
-dealership installed the inside brake pads on the wrong side, so the anti squeal tabs were facing the wrong way.

i have also heard worn engine mounts can cause this.

-dealership installed the inside brake pads on the wrong side, so the anti squeal tabs were facing the wrong way.

I'm gonna have them off this weekend anyway to replace the clips and springs and such, so while I'm in there, remind me - where exactly do the squeal tabs go again?

I'm either going to feel awesome or stupid.

I think with the new-found torque the P6 has.... I have an axle on it's way out. the Passenger axle has been loose for a few weeks now. It jiggles when you shake it back and forth/up and down - you can feel it and hear a slight/faint bump. There's one thing I thought.

The mounts..... I have the stockers filled with Window Weld for the 2 sides and the front/rear mounts are AWR's. I guess the 2 side mounts could be rattling/tweaking but that'd have to be under quite a load to make that window weld crush/flex that much.

Dyno runs this weekend with the new setup - and after that's finished - I'll know exactly what I'm working with. All I know is that even though it's very quick - it has issues in the front end and that doesn't instill alot of confidence.

Back