All-Weather 2014 Mazda6 Floor Mats

I just picked up a Mazda 6 this past weekend and I'm looking to get all weather mats. After researching and following the CX-5 forums the Husky brand looks to provide the best coverage especially on the dead pedal area. Has any one bought these that can share pictures? Actual installed pics of the product are hard to find!

Hi Transylvanian. I just installed the complete WeatherTech mat package specifically designed and laser cut for the 2014 Mazda 6. I purchased the front, back and trunk mats (available in a package deal). They fit perfectly and really look good. I'll post some pictures when I get home tonight. The back seat mats are a one piece design covering the rear seat "hump" area behind the rear seat vents as well. Also picked up the W-Tech license plate frame with acrylic cover for the front plate, have a Mazda 6 chrome one in back. The mats have holes in them for the factory mat posts. I wrapped up the original mats in plastic and put them away in storage in the W-Tech box. Guaranteed for 3 years according to their literature, we'll find out (living up here in the north where car mats take a lot of abuse)!

By the way, the new 6 operates well in SNOW, we've had late season blizzards up here in Mpls in late April, really wet, depressing weather and a very late spring up here. My new 6 has already seen everything including ice, snow, fog, driving rain, sleet, you name it. - Rampage

Thanks for the detailed reply. I'm up in Vermont so I'm glad to hear the car handles well in snow. I'm debating on applying undercoating to prevent rust. Not sure how Mazdas handle salt; they use tons of it here to keep the roads clear. My previous car was a VW Jetta the survived 12 winters without rusting. Except for the rock chips in the hood. I'm in the process of researching 3M style clear bras to prevent this again.

Back to the floor mats. How is the Weathertech coverage of the dead pedal? Can you please post some pics?

Sorry for the delay, been real busy at work this week, will get the pics up here no later than this coming weekend, I promise. Hopefully tomorrow, supposed to snow again here tomorrow, unreal. May 1!

I purchased the oem all weather rubber mats. I like them alot. gets all the dirt and water from my shoes when it rains. They fit perfectly. I even bought the oem rubber trunk mat. Here are some pics enjoy!

[IMG[/IMG]
[IMG[/IMG]
[IMG[/IMG]

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics! I bought the OEM trunk mat and I'm very happy with the material quality. I'd still like to get better carpet and dead pedal coverage and protection from salt so seeing pics of installed Weathertech and Husky mats would be great.

Thanks for the pics! I bought the OEM trunk mat and I'm very happy with the material quality. I'd still like to get better carpet and dead pedal coverage and protection from salt so seeing pics of installed Weathertech and Husky mats would be great.

yea I would love to see how they look as well as fitment

Floor Mat pics

Sorry these were so late in coming Transylvanian! Here's a few shots of my Weathertechs, front driver, front passenger, one piece rear seats and cargo mat in trunk. Rampage

Attachments

• Weathertech one piece rear.JPG
    Weathertech one piece rear.JPG
    128.9 KB · Views: 768
  • weather trunk.JPG
    weather trunk.JPG
    178.3 KB · Views: 408
  • trunk.JPG
    trunk.JPG
    167 KB · Views: 369
  • weather front driver.JPG
    weather front driver.JPG
    168.4 KB · Views: 572
  • weather pass 4.JPG
    weather pass 4.JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 393
Last edited:
Here's a few more shots....

Attachments

• weather front.JPG
    weather front.JPG
    163 KB · Views: 386
  • Weather pass.JPG
    Weather pass.JPG
    135.8 KB · Views: 302
  • rear mats.JPG
    rear mats.JPG
    128.9 KB · Views: 482
Thanks for taking the time to snap a few pics! The mats look great ; I'll buy a set since the dead pedal coverage is just what I'm looking for. By the way the rear bumper sill protector also looks nice. Is it the OEM design? Thanks again.

Hi Transylvanian. It's funny, when I bought my touring the rear bumper sill protector was the one accessory pre-installed on the vehicle from the regional distribution center before it made it's way to the dealer here in MN. When I purchased the vehicle I had the dealer add on the fog lights, splash guards, and auto-dim mirror. I then added the mats and cargo liner package, a "Mazda 6" license plate frame (I also bought a Weathertech license frame for the front which is really well made) and a little rubber protective covering for the Mazda key fobs and called it a day. I will say I love the mats (purchased black, but also available in grey and tan), but I did think they were a little overpriced for what you get. I did like the fact that they are manufactured for the specific vehicle model, which really gives them a nice appearance and fit. They are also very easy to clean, basically just dump the loose gravel, spray them down and dry off with a towel (they have a really unique surface, kind of slippery even, some kind of high tech resin I believe - they are very light yet sturdy). Last, made with pride in the good 'ol US of A!

Hef, I looked at the Husky's too and liked those a lot as well, seems like Husky and WeatherTech are the two "premium" aftermarket floor mat product lines out there. I only went with WT as I had purchased from them before and knew their product was high quality, but I know Husky also has an excellent reputation, and I believe the Weatherbeaters are guaranteed for life (WT's only 3 years).

My WT cargo liner in my MPV is now 9 years old and still looks like new, it's held up really well over the years.

Last edited:
First of all Thanks to everybody on the forum. This forum helped me a lot with my decision of buying Mazda6 over Accord and I am very happy for it :)

+1 to Husky mats. I bought Husky weather beater 2 weeks back for front and rear seats. They fit pretty good. I live 5 miles from the place where they make WeatherTech floor mats and I went to their factory outlet store. Their mats also looks good but they are very expensive. So my vote is for Husky weather beater.

I want to buy all weather cargo mat. If any of you have bought it for your 2014 M6. Husky hasn't come up with 2014 Mazda cargo mat yet and as said WeatherTech's is expensive. Any suggestions!!

I bought the OEM rubber trunk mat and it's been great so far. Good material and coverage. I'm looking ti get the Husky interior mats since they have more carpet coverage.

Hi Transylvanian. It's funny, when I bought my touring the rear bumper sill protector was the one accessory pre-installed on the vehicle from the regional distribution center before it made it's way to the dealer here in MN. When I purchased the vehicle I had the dealer add on the fog lights, splash guards, and auto-dim mirror. I then added the mats and cargo liner package, a "Mazda 6" license plate frame (I also bought a Weathertech license frame for the front which is really well made) and a little rubber protective covering for the Mazda key fobs and called it a day. I will say I love the mats (purchased black, but also available in grey and tan), but I did think they were a little overpriced for what you get. I did like the fact that they are manufactured for the specific vehicle model, which really gives them a nice appearance and fit. They are also very easy to clean, basically just dump the loose gravel, spray them down and dry off with a towel (they have a really unique surface, kind of slippery even, some kind of high tech resin I believe - they are very light yet sturdy). Last, made with pride in the good 'ol US of A!

Hey those mats look great! For the front driver mat, how is the thickness of the WeatherTech where the heel of your shoe hits the mat behind the gas pedal? I had OEM mazda3 mats and the heel wear wore through the mat and I was really kinda ticked off about it, as they are not cheap and you can't just get ONE mat, you have to buy the pair with OEM.

Hi Kinks45. Kinks fan are you (guessing)? Who and Kinks fan here. Anyway, the Weathertech's have almost a plastic like texture, it's fairly thin and light, supposed to be made out of some type of high tech resin composite. The horizontal (floor) part of the mat has a two level design so water flows into the lower reservoir (nearest the front bucket seat). It's a subtle design but I can verify it works. I don't envision any problems with wearing a hole in these babies despite the thin construction, the material used seems pretty robust to me and should have no problem lasting at least 5 years in my opinion. Also available separately.

Wow you have had your share of MPV's and Protege's over the years, I have also owned both those models (still have the 04 MPV and still going strong). My 1994 Protege last 19 years until the tranny died earlier this year prompting me to purchase the new 6. Cheers, Rampage

I just got the Husky Weatherbeaters... (from autoanything) like the fit a lot... full coverage of the dead pedal, something the Weathertechs don't seem to do (every weathertech I've owned/seem covers only half... sucks if you have a muddy shoe on the dead pedal, the muck goes behind the mat).
Seem to be made of Polyolfin, which is the same as Weathertech.
Price... well about 1/2 of Weathertech. =-)
Not a big fan of the OEM rubber ones... they always seem to last only a couple of years before they crack.

Back