MP3 ECUs

znal

:
02 Mazda Proteg5
So we all know spicyorange is able to flash P5 ECUs to mp3 ECUs, but seems like this service isn't available to us right now. If spicy's our best bet to get this mod, I'm more than willing to get this from him, however, if we can't wait I'm wondering if anyone has an idea where to get flashed ECUs right now? or even mp3 ECUs themselves?

AFAIK, Spicy is the only one flashing them on a regular basis. You can purchase a MP3 ECU from a dealer but as you know, that would cost booku bucks. Sometimes you can find one on eBay or if someone is selling one in the Classifieds or via part-out.

Thanks, if I were to look one up on ebay/craigslist/junkyard, there should be a reference number that identifies the ECU right?

In any case, Spicy has the best deal going so I'm not in a rush to go out of my way to get one.

refer to Ed' stickied ProtegeFAQ (just google it if you have to). He lists the part numbers...

be careful with Ebay for this kind of thing. Occasionally you will find one for cheap from a wrecker, but 90% of the time if they know what they have...its far from cheap...

even more often though...it'll be listed as an MP3 ecu, when in fact it isn't...its just a regular protege computer, and they tag it with MP3...if the seller is NOT listing or showing a picture of the part number on the side of the computer...I would highly recommend not buying it...

just curious, is spicy not doing it anymore? just a week ago i thought i saw someone buying one in his thread...

thanks for the info. yeah on spicy's thread, someone was asking for it, same as I did, but spicy said the flashers are down and will let us know once it's up again..

attachment.php

I bought mine from car-parts.com 4-5 years ago.

I searched for the FS9N-18881-C code. I believe there was an A and B version as well.

Back