Cel codes

vltndennis

:
03 Mazda Protege5
Whats up guys , my p5 is throwing a P2009 and a P0421 code. The 0421 code from all the info i've gathered on the net tells me that its the pre-cat but what are my options? just get a replacement or by getting a header will i still have the MIL ? still not sure about the 2008 code

The "non-fouler trick" will clear your P0421 code.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...ure-Cel-Mil-from-removing-cat-with-Non-Fouler

This is a list of all the trouble codes our FS engine can throw.
There is no P2009 code, so there's something wrong with that number.

Troublecodes_zpsc4607fa6.jpg

I'm pretty sure there's a software glitch with your code reader. Maybe go to get your codes read with a different reader. I'm almost positive our cars can't throw that code,... our ECU's don't monitor for that code.
I don't even think our cars have "intake manifold runners" or they're called something else on our cars. If we do have something like that, I'm pretty sure our cars don't monitor the system with any kind of circuit.
I'm pretty sure you're being given a code that isn't there or it is being misread and giving the wrong code number.

I'm pretty sure there's a software glitch with your code reader. Maybe go to get your codes read with a different reader. I'm almost positive our cars can't throw that code,... our ECU's don't monitor for that code.
I don't even think our cars have "intake manifold runners" or they're called something else on our cars. If we do have something like that, I'm pretty sure our cars don't monitor the system with any kind of circuit.
I'm pretty sure you're being given a code that isn't there or it is being misread and giving the wrong code number.

That could be whats going on. Im gonna work on the 4021 code , thanx for the help guys

OK,... I read that whole thread and now I'm confused, so I'm gonna go and unplug my green connector and see if I get a code and what number it is.
I'm expecting to get "DTC P0660 VICS solenoid valve circuit malfunction" like what tweety got, not that P2009 like the other guys. (they have msp's which use the same service manual so I'm really not getting where the P2009 is coming from,... although "p2009 intake manifold runner ctrl circ low bank 1" could be another way of describing the VICS solenoid valve circuit.)

UPDATE,.. I unplugged my green connector and went for a drive. After about 5 minutes I got a pending trouble code DTC P1569 Variable tumble control system (VTCS) solenoid valve circuit low input.

I'm just guessing here but I'm thinking the ECU doesn't send out the actual code number and instead sends out the data related to an issue with the car and the code reader uses that data to pick the appropriate code number that represents the data describing the engine issue.
DTC P1569 and DTC P2009 are essentially describing the same thing.

Anyway with all that said I would check your connector and wires on the green connector.

P1569_zpsbede55a0.jpg

P1569b_zps1b4866f7.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm, my check engine light came on yesterday. I got my code reader which showed P0421. I unhooked the battery and hooked it back up and I didn't get the code today.
I'll be doing the non-fouler thingy this weekend. I'm starting to hate my car.

Back