Horn not working????!!!!

nypro5

:
03 P5
Hi I've a Mazda protege 5 2003 and recently the horn is not working.. Can u guys tell me where to check before I order any part?! Will it be the fuse or the honk parts and where and how can I fix it myself many thanks

Last edited:
I'm willing to bet that your horn itself is rusted out and no longer operating. You could check for voltage between the connector on the horn and ground while someone tries to honk it.
You can get one for $5 or $10 at a wrecker and many different makes and models of cars will offer up a horn that will fit.
You could also disconnect the horn and touch a wire right to the battery to see if it goes but I'll bet it's rusted and seized,... some oil spray and a few smacks with a big wrench might get it going.

one other possibility is that the clock spring in the steering column is broken. Hit your key fob button to lock your car a couple of times. If you hear the horn, then it's the clock spring. If you don't hear the horn, it's probably the horn itself.

one other possibility is that the clock spring in the steering column is broken. Hit your key fob button to lock your car a couple of times. If you hear the horn, then it's the clock spring. If you don't hear the horn, it's probably the horn itself.
How can I change the horn? Where is it exactly and what kind of tool do I need ?!

horn is behind the grill its held on with a bolt use a 10mm socket to take it off and replace..or u can always just stick your head out the window and yell MOOOOVE

Back