P0106/P2009 Faults, runs smooth. Could this be an intake issue??

RensoreK

:
Mazda Protege 5 (2003)
I had some misfire issues with my wagon but new spark plugs and coils fixed the issue. I recently ran an OBD2 scanner and two faults show up even after clearing them, although the vehicle idles and runs great.

Code:
Current Fault Log
------------------
[B]P0106[/B]: Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit Range/Performance Problem

Pending Fault Log
------------------
[B]P2009[/B]: Intake Manf Runner Control Circuit Low bank1 a)

Historic Fault Log
------------------

I have replaced the MAP/BARO sensor just in case, and the problem still continues. Could this be a side effect to having installed a short ram intake? I don't think there are any vacuum leaks, I re-checked after I found a leak causing problems a few weeks ago. Please help me out M247!

I recently changed my VICS solenoid for a working one. Checked my Short Ram for problems. Cleaned EGR and put a new gasket for it. Reset the ECU but both codes p0106 and p2009 come back. Wagon got some power back but codes still show up. Anyone please help!

there are 2 solenoids, VICS and VTCS I had these codes not to long ago i replaced both sensors and cleaned out my maf sensor, turned on my parking lights and then disconnected my battery for about a minute, connected it back and have never had the problem again, i honestly cant tell you which sensor was bad but switching out both did the trick for me

I live in a tropical climate so I don't have much use for the VTCS but I might as well try replacing that solenoid see if it helps. Also I guess checked each line for any clogs. I'm running out of options (gah)

I live in a tropical climate so I don't have much use for the VTCS but I might as well try replacing that solenoid see if it helps. Also I guess checked each line for any clogs. I'm running out of options (gah)

you may have no use for it but the ecu on the other hand does

I know the ECU depends on it. That's why I'm trying to get it fixed lol. I just don't know where else to eliminate each code since I've checked everything I could think of.

I know the ECU depends on it. That's why I'm trying to get it fixed lol. I just don't know where else to eliminate each code since I've checked everything I could think of.

did you replace both sensors yet?

i will say this while i was waiting on my cold air intake kit i had the poor mans short ram intake which is basically the stock intake tube from the manifold to the maf sensor, and a filter on the other end and my engine did not like that combo at all it would idle ruff at a stop (but i did have the codes during this time as well so it might've been that), double check your connections make sure the couplers on your short ram are tightened properly and make sure the tube that goes from the valve cover to the short ram is on properly as well

Back