sound when pressing on gas pedal

Steve820

:
mazda 07 cx-7-sport edition
My wife just got an 07 cx-7-sport edition vehicle, I noticed that when you press on the gas pedal that there seems to be a slight ringing sound coming from where the timing chain is located, is this normal on the 07 cx-7 or should I be worried. The ringing sounds like an old telephone line, not too loud, and you can only hear it when you press on the gas pedal.

I have a 07 GT with 67K. Just recently I noticed a clicking sound when I step on the gas pedal only whne it has sat for a period of time. I do not hear when accelerating from a stop sign or stop light. I hear it with the driver window down on that side if that is worth anything. Any help is appreciated.

There is a bullitin on the cam phaser and solenoid making noise and replacement

Took to the dealer today and I have fallen victim of the timing chain/VVT issue as many here have. The dealer was quick to tell me that the 7 yr/70K expired at the beginning of the month and gave me the estimate of $1200. Not sure how much effort they put into calling Mazda to see if it would be honored. I called and got a helpful rep who started a file and said that she would call later today or Monday morning once she spoke with the dealer. I do hope that Mazda does the right thing and honor the warranty only being a few days over. I will post results.

Good to hear. I bought mine at 73k. asked them about the VVT and they told me it wasnt done and it was find.

Back