Exhaust Tips

I removed the OEM tips and welded on these 3.5 inch polished tips. They are a no name brand but high quality, they look exactly like the ones that Racing Beat uses. Not sure of the inlet size but it did require a small coupling. I believe the length was 6 inches. Had them tucked up as close as I could to the bumper and as flush to the back as possible. I think they came out great and am happy with the installation.

I removed the OEM tips and welded on these 3.5 inch polished tips. They are a no name brand but high quality, they look exactly like the ones that Racing Beat uses. Not sure of the inlet size but it did require a small coupling. I believe the length was 6 inches. Had them tucked up as close as I could to the bumper and as flush to the back as possible. I think they came out great and am happy with the installation.

Fits perfectly !

Fits perfectly !

Thanks Felix, I'm really happy with how it came out! If anyone is in the Los Angeles area, the name of the shop I got them is Arco Iris Muffler in Eagle Rock, 5095 Glen Iris Ave Los Angeles, CA 90041
(323) 259-1005.

Can't decide between tips but I really like these 4" Flowmaster
http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/?page_id=451&partno=15371

and maybe these 3.5" ones from eBay
https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Would also like to change the muffler for a little deeper sound. RB and CS have nice sound for $600 but has anyone tried custom cat back on a budget?
Check those muffler prices again. I believe they're both considerably less than $600! As for the tips, I have two suggestions. I put 4" Flowmasters on mine and wish I had gone a little smaller. I think the 3.5" look better, but if you go with the 3.5" you refer to on ebay, don't install them over the existing tips like someone else did here. Cut the tips off and install them on the remaining stub so that the old pipe does not show. BTW, Racing Beat makes superior products. If I were to replace the muffler on mine, I'd go with them in a heartbeat! Have used them on both my Miatas.

I think the 3.5" look better, but if you go with the 3.5" you refer to on ebay, don't install them over the existing tips like someone else did here.

That's me, that's what the clamp is for on the eBay ones. If you want a tip that you're going to weld on, you might want to look at other tips.

2013-11-07192050_zps723c2568.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Hi guys, been looking at exhaust tips, but I'm thinking the 80mm ones you can find on ebay might still just be a tad small for my liking.

So I found these 90mm tips:
https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

These tips are 90mm diameter x 130mm length, and can fit circular straight-out stock pipes with 65mm-80mm diameter.

Has anyone put on 90mm/3.5" tips? If so, could you post a photo or two?

Last edited:
I'm curious too. Looks like 3" also, but double walled. I like the size whatever it is b/c it doesn't overwhelm everything. I'm comparing all these tips to the size of the circular part of our rear lights and the closer it gets, the more odd it appears. I'd prefer the look of this one exactly as it is. Looks beautiful. Funny how most people wouldn't even think twice. Takes fanatic addicts like us to appreciate it.

I also change the exhaust tips after reading on here.
I removed the muffler when I fitted the towbar(hidden type) and measured the new tips,cut the old tips off and welded the new larger type on.
Replaced the muffler-like the look now.

Our eyes were so glued to the tips that we failed to mention how cool your custom license number is. I love it!

Cool. I'm excited for you. Can't wait to see the photos. I'm sure you'll be grinning cheek to cheek and I'll be sitting here jealous. I'm trying to resist modding the thing until the first 36,000 miles. I'm an addict. If I don't hold back now, I won't ever.

Looks like I got the same tips as eaglerockcx5. These are 3.5" double wall. Had them cut off and reweld these. Angled them slightly to match the curve of the bumper. I'm happy with the results. Didn't want to go 4" and have it look to "ricey"

Didn't want to go 4" and have it look to "ricey"
You made the right choice. I was an "early adopter" of this mod 2.5 years ago and used 4" tips. Although I wouldn't call them "ricey", they are a little bit disproportionately large to my eye and I wish I had gone 1/2" smaller. They weren't cheap though, especially with the labor charge, so I've never really considered changing them out.

Back