HID Headlamp Ballast Replace

sea91ray

:
Mazda, 3, Hatchback
Hi Everyone,

I have a 2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback with HID headlamps. The passenger side lense got mositure in it which blew the HID lamp and I am told the ballast is also bad because the new bulb didn't work when installed.

Question1: Once I have removed the lense assembly how do I get the mosture out of the assembly? The only opening is where the bulb fits in.

Question2: Does anyone have experience with how to 'keep' the mositure out of the lense in the future? Is there a seal that is know to be bad?

Question3: Does anyone know where I can get a ballast. I have tried a couple of on-line sellers without success...up to 2009 seem to be available and I am finding the 2010 is different. Dealer wants nearly $400 bucks just for the ballast.

Thank you.
Tom

Easiest way will be to set the assembly in an area that is cool and fairly dry with the bulb opening facing down. Once all noticeable moisture is gone, run a bead of clear silicone around the top side of the assembly where the lens and housing meet. IIRC, the 2nd Gens used Matsushita ballasts. Check out www.theretrofitsource.com. If you have any questions, give them a call.

Back