Audio System Upgrade (Firewall Power Cable Location) UK Mazda2

thebigted

:
Mazda 2 Sport 1.5 2010
Hi guys,

Anybody know where is the best place in (UK right hand drive Mazda2) the firewall to pass through the power cbale to wire up an amp? I have seen some people on here (USA left hand drive) pass the cable through near to the steering wheel but I cannot see the hole they have shown. Any help and pics is appreciated :)

Later on this year after paying off the dreaded insurance tax and other sh!t that comes with a car I will be doing a full audio upgrade in my car which some people will want to look out for :) Just getting all the information ready earlier so I can do it all in one weekend :)

Found a grommet behind the dashboard, will post a pic soon. Just a quick question from people. Is it best to feed to power cable from outside to in through the grommet or inside to outside?

I would tend to feed the wire in the direction the grommet is "pointing" if it has an extended sleeve. If it's just a flat grommet, then going from inside the cabin to the engine bay is probably easier, since you won't have to push as much wire through.

The gromment I am going to use for my audio build is located behind the glove box. A simply pull on that and remove some plastic case and this is straight in front of you.

attachment.php

Man, I just punched a hole through. ;-) Beat to fit, paint to match!

Actually that seems to work the best. I've had a separate hole punched for both my speed3 and the 2 and it allows you more choice as to where it ends up inside the car. Its pretty easy and as long as you grommet and split loom you'll never have any issues.

Back