HID Flickering Problems Daylight Running Lights

chris.mp5

:
2002 Mazda Protege 5 2.0
Hey guys, I know there's a bunch of Hid problem threads, but I can't seem to find the answer.

Anyways I just installed my 6000k Xenon HID kit and I'm loving it. The only problem that I came across is when I start my car with my ebrake up, then putting the ebrake down realizing my daytime running light starts to flicker like crazy. The only way to stop this is to put my ebrake up, turn on my headlights, put the ebrake down then turn off the headlights...it stopped the flicker but my daylight running light is off. Its either that or just keep my headlight on which is good at night yes but during the daytime it will piss people off. : / Also I might think that's illegal in Ontario (not to sure keeping headlight on during the day)

Help out guys? Thanks

Someone should be able to chime in with a link that's on here regarding how to disable drls for those of us living in Canada. That seems to be the common problem and fix. :) hope you get it all worked out!

Can anyone check and see if the directions on this page are accurate? I tried a search on my phone but I cant find the post I was looking for...

http://www.lightsout.org/disable.html#Mazda

I just dont know if these directions are accurate?

Ninja'd. Thanks bikingpro5. I cant search to save my life :S

Last edited:

Thanks for the link :) I wonder if theres an alternative easier method. Perhaps installing a hid relay harness connected directly from the battery? At the moment, I'm using the stock headlight connectors as the power source : /

Hi just a quick note on wiring we don't crimp scotch lock any more better to solder and heat shrink makes for less problems

Hi just a quick note on wiring we don't crimp scotch lock any more better to solder and heat shrink makes for less problems

Don't worry I didn't do that lol. All I needed was a relay harness connected directly from the battery so all is good.

Thanks Everyone! HID looks WAY better then stock.

Just disable the DRL's.

Underneath the drivers side dashboard, there will be a fuse box with a bunch of wires going to it. Find the black wire with a yellow tracer and snip it. Thats it. Dab some grease on both ends of the snipped wire just to prevent it from touching metal and shorting something out.

The only time i'd been harassed about the DRL's was from an asshole cop that pulled me for going 9 over. Went on about my tinted windows (5%) and my rims saying they're too big. "Sir, I bought the car safetied in the exact condition its in. Dont blame me" :)

Back