Dealer replaced a 2013 CX-5 Touring for a 2014 CX-5 Touring

zzrobot

:
Mazda Cx-5 2014
Wow, what customer service/satisfaction . Purchased a 2013 last December. The dealer installed heated seats, they were not factory installed. Four months later and 1900 miles, the dealer installed heated seats started a fire under the dash. They towed it back, admitted a outside vendor improperly installed the heated seats. The vendor hooked it up on the hot side of the fuse box, no fuse was wired in. Went today to see the fixed car. Met with the owner. I told him I was not happy, Carfax now will state there was a electrical fire, ruining the resell value. The Mazda warranty now was worthless with any electrical problems that came up in the future. I would need all electrical warranty work only done at this particular dealer. That's not what I wanted for a new car. I asked for a new car, they agreed right away. A new 2014 Touring CX-5 will be ready tomorrow for me. Props to this dealer. Of course, I had to bring up replacing the car, not them, but they didn't argue.

They were ready to give you a new car but didn't want to mention it in the case that you were a dumb customer. Good job dude.

Another story of dealer adding aftermarket stuff leading to (very) bad problems.

And that 2013 is done as far as OP is concerned. They should of given you a GT with safe heated seats for your trouble.

Last edited:
+1. Try to turn that Touring into a GT. I really believe that it is a legitimate request. It sounds as though the dealer is being great, see if they will go all the way with it. Do not go aftermarket with the seats again. Remember that whole "Fool me once" saying.
Good luck.

Back