HID Installation Question

chris.mp5

:
2002 Mazda Protege 5 2.0
Hey guys, I recently got a good deal on 6000k HID. Anyways after work, I pop up the hood and planned out the installation. Easy yes, but then I realize that I needed a adapter so I can properly clip the bulbs in. This kit didn't come with it :( Anyways, I noticed it also came with a rubber grommet (like every other kit). I basically cut the top part of the grommet and slide it up using it as a adapter. Surprisingly I was able to clip it in with a nice snug. Now my question is, if I were to substitute the adapter with the rubber, will the HID bulbs get hot enough to melt the rubber?

Thanks.

@chris.mp5 i used the same method you used to hold the bulb snug with the clip. I ran it like that for a year with no problem. The bulb itself does get very hot, but the backing plate part of the bulb doesn't, so it won't melt the rubber.

@chris.mp5 i used the same method you used to hold the bulb snug with the clip. I ran it like that for a year with no problem. The bulb itself does get very hot, but the backing plate part of the bulb doesn't, so it won't melt the rubber.

+1, I did this as well for a long time before my retrofit with no problems.

Back