Trading my 2013 For a 2014?

zoomzoom1587

:
Mazda CX5 Touring AWD
I am highly considering trading up from my 2013 CX5 Touring AWD with moonroof and added navigation for a 2014 Touring AWD with moon and tech.

I would like the added power, pandora radio and a change of color from my black mica, which seems to get filthy. Also I would like to get a vehicle without the squeaks, shaking hood and shaking drivers mirror. My vehicle only has 5000 miles on it.

I don't want to be too upside down, but do you think this could be done at a reasonable price and if it is a good idea? Would my best bet be to get quotes for my current vehicle value first?

Any input would be great.

PS: anyone else do something similar?

Mazda does have the loyalty program which might save you some on the trade in hit, but make no mistake, you will take a hit.

Also, the 2014 models still have shaking mirrors and hoods, so nothing will be gained there. So really you need to base your decision on your other points, which seem valid enough. It is just up to you how much those features are worth to you. Bottom line though, vehicles are always a money loser, so lose money now or lose money later, it's just a matter of how much you are willing to lose right now to gain what you want right now.

Also I would like to get a vehicle without the squeaks, shaking hood and shaking drivers mirror.

Wow! My 2013 CX-5 has 8,000 miles and doesn't have ANY of those issues.

But I don't like to wash my car too often so I can really relate to the thing about the color. I've never been a fan of how dirty black cars can look.

I did make the switch and took a bit of a loss on the 2013.

Main reason I made the trade was because of all the rattles, squeaks, buzzing, and tapping noises I was hearing! !!

I do admit that the larger engine makes a difference! !

It's been done, it's only money.

I have 17K miles on my 2013 model without all those problems mentioned. But if I had all those problems, I'd be in no rush to get another one. More cost-effective to take advantage of the warranty still in effect and get the minor issues fixed.

Thanks for the advice thus far.

For those who did trade up, do you mind me asking how much approx a hit you took?

Mazda loyalty is typically only $500. Expect the whole deal to cost you around $5k. Not worth it imo.

Thanks for the advice thus far.

For those who did trade up, do you mind me asking how much approx a hit you took?

I'm in Greensboro NC, bought a 2013 Touring in August with no Bose or sunroof, went down to Parks Mazda in High Point NC, I've been offered to pay off my 2013 CX-5 witch I didn't put any money down when bought it and I just got a 2014 GT FWD with Technology package today for 28327.00, sticker price found here:http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/disp...dealerId=23235 is 30290.00. They are installing mud guards and a bug deflector to my request for the price offered. Salesperson told me that black cars are hard to sale.

I'm in Greensboro NC, bought a 2013 Touring in August with no Bose or sunroof, went down to Parks Mazda in High Point NC, I've been offered to pay off my 2013 CX-5 witch I didn't put any money down when bought it and I just got a 2014 GT FWD with Technology package today for 28327.00, sticker price found here:http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/disp...dealerId=23235 is 30290.00. They are installing mud guards and a bug deflector to my request for the price offered. Salesperson told me that black cars are hard to sale.
Ops! link does not work, I guess because the car it's sitting on my driveway!

So they paid off your car fully, pretty much started over like you never bought the 2013? I am worried about being upside down and having to pay more than I would like to upgrade for a couple things. My dealer reassured me I would not be upside down, but who knows. My car is fully paid off already.

So they paid off your car fully, pretty much started over like you never bought the 2013? I am worried about being upside down and having to pay more than I would like to upgrade for a couple things. My dealer reassured me I would not be upside down, but who knows. My car is fully paid off already.

It depends what dealer you go to. I went to the one in Greensboro NC and they were not even close to what I got in the smaller town. Look, you have a new 2013 car....get different quotes, walk away...make them feel you are happy with your car...check their websites to see if the cars are selling, take pictures of vin numbers with your phone...they are desperate to sale new cars and if you finance with Mazda Capital you are set. I got a 3.4 interest today for 72 months but will pay car in 60. Take your time and be ready to spend lot of time dealing...email dealers, get internet pricing. Good luck!

I intend to grab a diesel by summer next year, if it's available (US). I will have a good amount paid down, and hopefully my money will be even better then.

FWIW - My 2013 2.0 does not have any vibration issues that I can see and the engine with the 6MT is pretty sweet

FWIW - My 2013 2.0 does not have any vibration issues that I can see and the engine with the 6MT is pretty sweet

I unfortunately experience rattles each and every day.

I am going to two dealers this weekend to see what they will offer for me to trade up.

That's how my 2013 touring was, I'm already feeling bad for whoever is buying it.

LOL! If they buy a used car without test driving it first to see if it sounds, feels and drives how they like then I have little concern if they are later unhappy. Personally, I think Mazda would sell a lot more CX-5's if they could get more people to take extended test drives. The thing just drives and handles so nicely and, the road noise it does have, is not booming or unpleasant as in so many other cars.

If there is a rattle or squeak it should be fixed but after 8,000 miles I have not identified any.

How do the taxes work? Would I just pay taxes on the difference? So let's say for estimates, I get 26,000 for my car and want to buy a car that is 29,000, the 3000 difference would be taxed at my local tax rate?

How do the taxes work? Would I just pay taxes on the difference? So let's say for estimates, I get 26,000 for my car and want to buy a car that is 29,000, the 3000 difference would be taxed at my local tax rate?

yup. taxed only on the difference.

Gotcha, so all be it I am taking a hit, but it may not be too bad depending on the dealer's offering price for my car and the price of the new car. Will see what happens.

Gotcha, so all be it I am taking a hit, but it may not be too bad depending on the dealer's offering price for my car and the price of the new car. Will see what happens.

definitely shop around for your trade in price. i was appraised about 1k below kbb at 2 dealers and went to another and they went 900 above kbb to get the deal done.

Back