Soft Touch Interior - How do you keep it clean?

Bonedrivin

:
'14 Mazda 6 Touring w/ Tech - '05 Nissan Frontier LE v6
I've had my car about a week or two now. Pretty soon I'll need to clean up the dash and console (dusty). What are you guys using to keep your interior looking clean? I don't want to use a product that's going to screw up the soft touch parts, nor its matte look. I plan on adding tint soon, but I would like something that will protect the interior from the sun's UV.

Tips? (gah)

Don't have a new Mazda yet, still deciding between CX-5 and 6 but have been using Kirkland Tencel, Unscented, Hypo-Allergenic Baby Wipes for years on Acura's, Audi's and Lexus vehicles with no problem. They don't leave anything behind and nothing harmful in them that can discolor leather, plastic or any other interior material I've run across so far. Good to keep in your vehicle for quick clean up too -

That soft touch stuff is almost impossible to wipe down with anything. Too much friction prevents you from getting very far lol.

You can use an interior detailer for anything that isn't the soft touch to buff it up, and clean it up.

For the soft touch I use this. http://www.swiffer.com/products/swiffer-dusters

It takes about 5 secs to clean up the dust on the soft touch, and I use it pretty much on EVERYTHING inside the car for a quick clean. It's awesome. Such a life saver.

Last edited:
I've had my car about a week or two now. Pretty soon I'll need to clean up the dash and console (dusty). What are you guys using to keep your interior looking clean? I don't want to use a product that's going to screw up the soft touch parts, nor its matte look. I plan on adding tint soon, but I would like something that will protect the interior from the sun's UV.

Tips? (gah)

I was just thinking about this today. If you get to a really good strategy let us know but in the meantime ill probably try a duster

I use 303 Aerospace Protectant. Protects from UV rays and doesn't contain silicone or distillates that make your dash dry out and crack over time. It leaves a nice finish with no noticible shine and it's not oily or sticky to the touch. It is highly rated on Amazon, Autopia and Autogeek

I use a cloth wax pad from AutoZone, spry a little 303 on it and wipe down all interior trim. I knock the dust off between details with a Swiffer duster I keep in my glovebox. Working great so far.

I use 303 Aerospace Protectant. Protects from UV rays and doesn't contain silicone or distillates that make your dash dry out and crack over time. It leaves a nice finish with no noticible shine and it's not oily or sticky to the touch. It is highly rated on Amazon, Autopia and Autogeek

I use a cloth wax pad from AutoZone, spry a little 303 on it and wipe down all interior trim. I knock the dust off between details with a Swiffer duster I keep in my glovebox. Working great so far.

+1 for the 303 Aerospace Protectant. I started using it when I bought my 2011 Mazda3 3 years ago and it still looks brand new just like the day I drove it off the lot. Best I've ever used. I'm now using it on my new Mazda6 as well. Not surprisingly, it was recommended to me by a colleague who has always used it on aircraft cockpit surfaces (which is what it was actually developed for). If it's good enough for a $58million cockpit, it's good enough for my Mazda!

Careful using the Swiffer duster on fragile and glossy finishes. It is VERY abrasive.

Yep. +1 for swiffer duster. Works great on the soft touch as well as on the leather seats and the rest of the panels. When you have the black interior, it gets visibly dusty very quickly. I have a swiffer duster in the glove box and I use it when setting at long red lights :)

I have the Sport with black cloth, and the best thing I've found is a slightly damp rag. Seems to get the seats clean pretty easily, and gets the dust off the dash without leaving crud behind.

+1 for the 303 Aerospace Protectant. I started using it when I bought my 2011 Mazda3 3 years ago and it still looks brand new just like the day I drove it off the lot. Best I've ever used. I'm now using it on my new Mazda6 as well. Not surprisingly, it was recommended to me by a colleague who has always used it on aircraft cockpit surfaces (which is what it was actually developed for). If it's good enough for a $58million cockpit, it's good enough for my Mazda!

+2 for the 303. All of their products are pretty good!

I was told by the dealer not to use anything but a damp rag on the soft-touch dash on my 2014 Mazda6. Apparently it's some sort of rubber material that won't react well to most kinds of interior auto cleaning products. Is the 303 Aerospace Protectant safe for that material?

I was told by the dealer not to use anything but a damp rag on the soft-touch dash on my 2014 Mazda6. Apparently it's some sort of rubber material that won't react well to most kinds of interior auto cleaning products. Is the 303 Aerospace Protectant safe for that material?

I can't argue with the dealer, but my car sits in an unshaded parking lot 12 hours a day 4 days a week from 10*F to 105*F and I have been using the 303 with no noticeable degradation since April 2013.

Our car came off the showroom floor and had a million fingerprints on the dash. On delivery most were gone, but not all, so we used a damp rag and it worked perfectly. Just make sure these is zero lint / loose fiber on the material you're using.

In this respect the '16 is a better choice being a slippery vinyl leather look material.

Anyone have a car duster they can try and let us know?

Back