sliding door won't lock in open position

d-machine

:
2010 Mazda 5
So i havent been driving the 5 as mich lately since i got my bike but I recently noticed that the rear sliding door on the drivers side will not lock in the open position. I looked a little closer tonight and it looks like the little spring that hooks to the part to lock it in place is MIA. I have no idea what this part is called or how to replace it. Anyone have any tips?

So i havent been driving the 5 as mich lately since i got my bike but I recently noticed that the rear sliding door on the drivers side will not lock in the open position. I looked a little closer tonight and it looks like the little spring that hooks to the part to lock it in place is MIA. I have no idea what this part is called or how to replace it. Anyone have any tips?

Your dealer can find the part quickly if you don't have a shop manual, or access to a shop manual, to order it yourself.

go to the dealer and explain/show them. they will have catalogs and diagrams of the internal parts. You will most likely have get the replacement part from them anyway or junkyard, if you can even find a Mz5 at a junkyard.

Back