CX5 Boot liners in the UK

BROADBEAN9513

:
CX5 2.2 D (175) SPORT NAV AWD WITH SAFETY PACK
Does anyone have a bootliner fitted or available for their CX5? I am thinking of getting a Titan Liner for my vehicle but I am not sure about the quality or fitting etc. If anyone has one please reply

Hello there...

I had my Dealer fit a cargo area liner. It covers all the way from the top of the seats to a flap that folds out over the rear bumper bar. And to my astonishment when I picked up the car, it also covers the complete sides of the cargo area! So now the complete cargo area is covered.

And this is where the problem comes in.

I can not lift the panel that covers the spare wheel. My Dealer was unable to tell me, as he said they have not fitted one before me. The only way I can get to the spare wheel would be to pop off the weather strips for the tailgate and remove the cargo liner. A bit extreme, but that's all we could see.

Don't misunderstand me, I am happy for this level of protection. And it will be very easy to wipe clean. The flap for the bar is a good idea too. For me it's a win.

OK, I gotta ask, what is a 'boot'? Not trying to be dense, in 30 years of driving I just never heard that term before coming to this site. Where I come from a boot is worn on the foot in bad weather. It sounds from Sassimac's reply that you are referring to the rear hatch area? If so, I'm just curious how it got to be called a boot? The first few times I saw that term here I used a little (faulty apparently) reasoning to decide people were talking about the tires. Boot/tire....makes sense to me. (uhm)

According to Wiki...

The usage of the word "trunk" comes from that being the word for a large travelling chest, as such trunks were often attached to the back of the vehicle before the development of integrated storage compartments in the 1930s; while the usage of the word "boot" comes from that being the word for a built-in compartment on a horse-drawn coach (originally used as a seat for the coachman and later for storage).

Does anyone have a bootliner fitted or available for their CX5? I am thinking of getting a Titan Liner for my vehicle but I am not sure about the quality or fitting etc. If anyone has one please reply

I have a heavy duty carpeted liner with a fold out plastic cover to protect the rear bumper when loading. it's an official mazda uk accessory.it doesn't protect the rear seats in the boot though. It's good, but you can get ones in the states that protect the rear seat backs also.

I have ordered a hard plastic liner, it holds any water that comes of my fishing gear.
Cost 40.

Cheaper options may be available from ebay, but I can't vouch for the quality.
Never had any problems with the Nissan hard liners, still good after 5 years use.
can't see Mazda being any different.

I have the soft cargo liner and placed my old mazda 3 cargo tray on the top of it for when I go fishing and to the beach to hold the water and sand in it.

I have the CX-5 Trunk Liner (ordered with the car) Part Number: KD45-V9-540

Fits perfectly. There's a small lip around the whole thing, I guess to keep water from getting into the carpeted areas. Haven't done anything drastic that's required it yet, but we got it to protect against the next 5 years worth of the missus throwing buggy wheels, pushchairs, children's bikes, shopping etc into the boot.

Back