kill switch for p5?!

WisoMP5

:
Mazda P5
Ok, so i have tryed to search everywhere, and I havent bable to get a simple andswer. I want to install a kill switch on ny p5, but in looking for the fuel pump cable, the color of it under the dash. So my question is as follow, Whatcolor is t fuel pump cable switch from under fue dash?!.. I dnt want to tap it all the way from back seat..My p5 is manual tho!!

Thanks!!

We don't have access to that wiring info.

Why don't you cut one of the wires right at the sender unit,... if the car dies then you know you cut the right wire. If it doesn't, then reconnect it and cut another one until the car dies, (that might take a while,... you have to use up the reserve fuel pressure).

The sender unit is right under the back seat and you can run wires to under the drivers seat to the switch.

Nice proofreading by the way. All you did was "bable"

Lmao Pcb thats jus wrong give the kid a break if he is like me using a cell phone to access the site typos are sure to come

Yea yor rite,.. eye wus a nube once 2,... He's only got 18 posts.

jajaja yea, sometimes i read more than what i post! ;)

Why don't you cut one of the wires right at the sender unit,... if the car dies then you know you cut the right wire. If it doesn't, then reconnect it and cut another one until the car dies, (that might take a while,... you have to use up the reserve fuel pressure).

The sender unit is right under the back seat and you can run wires to under the drivers seat to the switch.

yea cutting and putting back, its gonna take me a while...yea i thought of doing that, but that was my last option, didnt really wanted to do that, but it seems i might have to end up doing...

and the proofreading, YEA, always happens when im on my phone...!!

Let me check the FSM or this link,... it may very well show what wire to cut.

Awesome pictures in this thread:

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123718385-Has-Anyone-Had-Their-Fuel-Pump-Cover-Leak

The pics are on this page:

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...-Anyone-Had-Their-Fuel-Pump-Cover-Leak/page10

Man,... I didn't realize there was so many wires,... I no longer suggest cutting them till you know which one.

Gaswires_zps2175266d.jpg

That was a pirated picture so I took my own.

GasWires012_zps87394715.jpg

I've got a new fuel filter (fuel pump housing) to put in and I just got my first cell phone today so I'll be able to take pictures of my install. I really want to see what's in that filter,... I'll post pictures of that for sure.

Last edited:
Why not simply killswitch the ignition wire so nothing happens when the key is in the "start" position?

Why not simply killswitch the ignition wire so nothing happens when the key is in the "start" position?

Ok, but if I killswitch the ignition cable, will I need an Inline fuse?! Or just like if I was doing it with fuel pump...?!

Ok, but if I killswitch the ignition cable, will I need an Inline fuse?! Or just like if I was doing it with fuel pump...?!

No need for a fuse... killswitching the ignition wire would be way more simple IMO

I'm thinkin cut the red wire,... but that's too obvious,... it could be a trick.

Gaswirescut_zpsa5b8e506.jpg

I'll study my new filter and get back to ya.

I may be coming into the full schematics for this car,.. then I'll be able to help a lot more.

I'm thinkin cut the red wire,... but that's too obvious,... it could be a trick.

Gaswirescut_zpsa5b8e506.jpg

I'll study my new filter and get back to ya.

I may be coming into the full schematics for this car,.. then I'll be able to help a lot more.
cut the red wire? is that what they taught u at bomb disposal school pcb? i say cut all the wires then it definitely wont start (drunk)

Let me check the FSM or this link,... it may very well show what wire to cut.

Awesome pictures in this thread:

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123718385-Has-Anyone-Had-Their-Fuel-Pump-Cover-Leak

The pics are on this page:

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...-Anyone-Had-Their-Fuel-Pump-Cover-Leak/page10

Man,... I didn't realize there was so many wires,... I no longer suggest cutting them till you know which one.

Gaswires_zps2175266d.jpg

That was a pirated picture so I took my own.

GasWires012_zps87394715.jpg

I've got a new fuel filter (fuel pump housing) to put in and I just got my first cell phone today so I'll be able to take pictures of my install. I really want to see what's in that filter,... I'll post pictures of that for sure.

yea lot of wire, have to be carefull which one to cut!! man, btw, i wonder how mine looks like tho...i dont even want to take a look lol!!!, and make sure you post some pics, really want to see how it turns out tho!!

It's either that or the fuel sensor wire. Cut it where I circled it so you'll have room to reconnect or splice in. It will either kill your fuel gauge or fuel pump. I'm pretty sure the two black ones are grounds.

Back