Old School G.A.C.C. Style Meet

:
2008 Mazda MX-5 5MT PRHT
I know most of us are older, have families (or in my case, coming soon), or just plain don't have time. However, the Colt Vista is slowly coming back to life and soon I'm gonna wanna take her for a spin.

I contemplated taking her to The Varsity (which I may still do) but I thought it'd be nice to see some old faces. Obviously with Mike and Meg in Dallas, they will probably be out but I believe most of the old crew is still in town.

No real ETA on the Vista getting up and running but I figure sometime maybe next month? If nothing else I can still bring the 5 out since it is still a Mazda.

What say y'all?

Nice. There's one commitment... lol

Took me a second to remember what GACC stood for or if that was even what it was. It's been so damn long since I've said it and my old decals went with my MSP.

What up William, what have you been up to? Still with dB?

I'm open to suggestion. Right now... it's just gauging interest but I would like to wait until the Colt is at least up and running so I can show her some love since she's been sitting the garage for 3 years. It should be by no later than mid May and I'm being conservative there.

Yes I am Dale, and I second olde blind dog. Love that place. I'm usually free most weekends, except this weekend and next.

shae has been wanting to hit up the blind dog so that should be doable just gotta work with my work schedule. Either that or a bowling night as well.

The Colt SHOULD be finished HOPEFULLY this week sometime. :) I'm so excited I might wet myself. If we could hold off long enough, I want to get the wheels on her so she looks at least somewhat put together.

This coming sunday is caffeine and octane up in alpharetta maybe try bringing it up there early in the morning

I'll be at Caff&Oct Sunday, hopefully early enough to actually park there, I had to park in the Home Depot lot last month, but it was extremely crowded that day.

I'm gonna call my mechanic today and see if the Colt will be ready. If so, I'll be at Cars and Coffee. What time does it officially start?

I'll still want to do the GACC meet.

it's looking like rain so who knows if there will actually be a decent turn out. I am told the lot was full by 730am last month but there is no official start time.

Hey ItsADemio. Back in 2007 when I started to join the gang it was a more active segment. Most of us have gotten married and some have kids (or in my case have them on the way). So things slowed down. I'm up in Winder/Statham. Most are in the Alpharetta area.

Well back when it was a regular occurrence it was the Brunswick Zone off Old Roswell Road. At least that's what I recall. Other than that, there was no definite place to meet. Usually eat somewhere prior. Again, it's been a minute since I think we've all gotten together.

Cars and Coffee seemed to be the one folks go to these days.

However, this is about trying to get a little shindig like the old days together so hopefully bowling again or mini golf as was suggested (we did that once or twice too).

The Vista is back up and completely running.

Next week I'll be in Little Rock, AR from the 19th through the 24th. The 25th I have an ultrasound to be at as well as a wedding reception to make an appearance.

May 1st would be a great day for me to be at a car meet.

Anyone?

Back