Transmission/Clutch Problems

kosteniuks17

:
Mazda Protege5 2003
Alright guys so I've been doing a lot of searching on the forums to find exactly what my problem might be and it seems like its been addressed but not really answered. There are two things that happen in my car that make me think its either a clutch issue or one of my forks. It usually happens only when the car gets hot, like either having it running for a while or if its really hot outside. So what happens is when I come to a stop and try to get into first, it won't even allow me to get into it, like its just blocked, with clutch fully in and everything then I try to go to second and it is similar but not as bad. At first it doesnt go at all like literally. I will be pushing it really hard to go to first and it's like that there is not even a gear there. This doesn't happen all the time but it is starting to get worse. Thats the biggest issue. The other issue has been addressed which is when I press in my clutch it gives like a grinding sound when pushing it in all the way. People have said that might be the throwout bearing. My question is would a new clutch fix my problem of getting into first? Probably not right, but it would most likely fix my clutch squeak issue, right?

Thanks again, just painted some red calipers and new drilled/slotted rotors. Looks sick!

Throwout bearing. It's common for this to fail before the clutch. The clutch and throwout bearing are replaced at the same time. If the squeaking is coming from the transmission area and goes away when you put the clutch pedal down, then the squeak is probably from the throwout bearing. You will want to fix this before the throwout bearing completely fails and leaves you stranded.

Back