wiring problems with mp5

t.trujillo719

:
2002 protege5 2.0L 4CYL 5-SPEED Manual
my brother in law and i just dropped a new motor into his protege5 (same motor that was in before) a 2.0l 4 cyl we have had some issues but are close to being complete with the swap all thats left is an electrical plug that we cannot find any place where it goes, as you may or may not be able to tell by the pictures i am posting its a black plug with 2 wires coming out of it, a white wire with red stripes and a brown wire with red stripes and it runs into the harness by the intake. we have searched high and low for a place to plug this in with no luck, i was not there for the disconnect and a few things were forgotten about when labeling but please help, any wiring diagrams on pictures on where this could go, any kind of help is greatly appreciated

Attachments

• 20130410_135909[1].jpg
    20130410_135909[1].jpg
    760.1 KB · Views: 93
  • 20130410_135738[1].jpg
    20130410_135738[1].jpg
    704.4 KB · Views: 96
I'm 98% sure it plugs into the solenoid valve that sits on top of and is connected to the intake tube. I just changed my intake tube yesterday then went to check to verify. One fatter wire white with a red stripe and a thinner wire red (with some kinda stripe).

When you put on your intake tube that connector will fit right on.

The solenoid has two fatter vacuum lines on it.

Here's a youtube video for visual reference,... It's a 2000 Mazda protege 1.8 liter but our cars are almost exactly the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Som1GMsNs0

Last edited:
yup i agree on what it isi know cuz when i did my eng 2 weeks ago i had the same issue turns out i dropped the solenoid on the rack n didnt notice it

Back