Keyless Pad for CX9 GT with Go Smart Keyless Entry???

Canderna

:
Mazda CX9 Grand Touring 2009
Just upgraded from a Ford to a 2009 CX9 GT AWD with the Go Smart Keyless Entry. I have done some searches to see if there is any possible options for the keyless entry keypad for the CX9 like Ford has.

Ford has a battery operated one that uses 3M tape to stick it where ever you need. I have looked for other companies but didn't find anything besides systems that require rewiring the door locks and more.

I found some articles where older Mazda's with regular keyfobs worked with the Ford accessory, but couldn't find anything about recent models or the Go Smart keyless entry.

I have both keyless entry fobs. I have the directions on how to add more of the same keyless fobs, but wanted to check to see if anyone has had any experience or success before ordering the Ford keypad.

I don't even understand why Ford still uses the keyless entry pad. It seemed like a great idea years ago before every car had a fob; but I don't see the point anymore. Unless you want to hide your key in the car?

The keypad provides the ability for others to get things in and out of your car, like kids, friends, generally people you trust, so you don't have to be there or provide them a key. It allows you to lock and unlock the vehicle if you don't have your keys with you, such as when the keys are in the house and you need something out your vehicle. I also found times when my I was holding stuff and the keys were stuffed in my pocket, it was another way to quickly open the doors or trunk.

And of course if you wanted to lock your keys in your car for things like the beach, a run, etc...

Earlier this week, I found that I had forgot to lock the doors on the CX9 when I was headed out. I was unable to lock the vehicle cause the fob was in the house. The keyless pad would have allowed me to lock the vehicle. Now, some vehicles let you lock the door and close it... remaining locked. The CX9 automatically unlocks the door leaving it unlocked.

To be honest, I never thought much of the keypad when I bought the Ford, but after 5 years of having the convenience, I found I enjoyed the many times I used it.

So it is an accessory I was hoping to add for my use as I did find it convenient.

Love my 9, but the Mazda Smartkey is dumb.

It can take three button presses to get the rear doors opened.

Love my 9, but the Mazda Smartkey is dumb.

It can take three button presses to get the rear doors opened.

Why does this make the smart key dumb? It's no different than a conventional remote. Personally, I just hit the unlock call button on the rear hatch, then open it manually if I can't reach the key fob.

But, I will gladly take this in return for the fact that I don't even need to take the key out of my pocket to unlock the car, or start the car.

I'd love to see all cars adopt that Ford Escape feature where you swipe your foot below the tail gate. But since Ford doesn't even offer it on their entire line up, I think it will be a while.

Why does this make the smart key dumb? It's no different than a conventional remote. Personally, I just hit the unlock call button on the rear hatch, then open it manually if I can't reach the key fob.

But, I will gladly take this in return for the fact that I don't even need to take the key out of my pocket to unlock the car, or start the car.

I'd love to see all cars adopt that Ford Escape feature where you swipe your foot below the tail gate. But since Ford doesn't even offer it on their entire line up, I think it will be a while.

It is dumb when you grab the 2nd seat door handle with arms full and find it locked. You then press the black button which locks all doors. Then a second press to unlock driver door. Then a third press is required to open the rest of the doors. DUMB...my opinion!

Why not allow the option for one press opens all? Security? Well then why allow one press on the tailgate to open all. Dumb...

I'd like a keypad entry for my Mazda CX-5

I don't even understand why Ford still uses the keyless entry pad. It seemed like a great idea years ago before every car had a fob; but I don't see the point anymore. Unless you want to hide your key in the car?

If you keep your keys handy in a pocket, and you've never gotten used to a keypad entry, then you likely would not see the point. (also, I did leave my keys in the car often when I had a keypad entry - there are many reasons one might want to do that).

But, if you are someone who's keys are in the bottom of a purse that requires two hands to open, then you would completely understand how convenient it is to hold groceries (or anything else like a squirmy toddler) in one hand, and the other free hand to punch in the numbers to open your car. SO MUCH easier than setting down the groceries (or whatever you were carrying), opening your purse, digging around in there to find the keys - opening the car with the fob's button, then replacing the keys in the purse, and the straps on your shoulder, then picking up the groceries (or whatever you were carrying) again.

I wouldn't have "gotten" the convenience of the keypad entry until I was spoiled by having one with a Ford Taurus Wagon.

When I got my Toyota Tundra truck the first thing I did was install a back up camera (truck had a topper, and visibility behind the bed of the truck was nil), and the second thing I did was install an after market keypad entry.

Now I have a new Mazda CX-5 and I am looking for a keypad entry again. But I'd want it to look GOOD (the one on my Tundra looks cheap). I wonder if a Ford After Market Keypad Entry would work on a Mazda?

Any ideas on how to find out? It should be so easy for the same signal that comes from the fob to be activated by a keypad Perhaps I'll build a remote activated button pusher for my fob - http://www.instructables.com/id/The-Automatic-Button-Pusher/ (just kidding) :)

Thanks in advance for any ideas or personal experience with putting a keypad entry on a Mazda.

Back