Tire Question 17" Rims

chris.mp5

:
2002 Mazda Protege 5 2.0
Hey guys, I recently just purchased new 17" Enkei Sr6 and it would look so good on my P5. Right now I'm looking around for tires. The recommended size for the rim is apparently 205/45R17. Someone else told me to go for 205/50R17 so it would reduce the gap. Would this even matter? Eventually I'll end up lowering it, just not right away. Oppinion guys?

Hey guys, I recently just purchased new 17" Enkei Sr6 and it would look so good on my P5. Right now I'm looking around for tires. The recommended size for the rim is apparently 205/45R17. Someone else told me to go for 205/50R17 so it would reduce the gap. Would this even matter? Eventually I'll end up lowering it, just not right away. Oppinion guys?

i would say go for 205/45R17 since you are gonna lower the car

I've got 215/45/17's on mine with about an inch drop from stock. Makes it look stock height but the bigger wheels fill the wells well.

So basically I've called different places and it's so hard to find 205/45R17. So frustrating, although this one shop said that they have 225/45R17 and apparently they've installed in on another protege. Do anyone know if this size a problem?

You might check your local Walmart as we can get that size here in the US, you just have to order in advance. You might also check Tirerack.com as they will ship to Canada.

I bought from tire rack. Sumitomo htrzII. They were 88 bucks a piece. I got those and two more tires for my wife's car for less than 800usd shipped to my door in Edmonton AB. They are really good performance tires. 225/45/17 is probably a bit too big cuz my 215's are about a pinky finger away from hitting the spring perch on the strut.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Sumitomo&tireModel=HTR+Z+II

What kind of tires are you looking for?

Last edited:
I bought from tire rack. Sumitomo htrzII. They were 88 bucks a piece. I got those and two more tires for my wife's car for less than 800usd shipped to my door in Edmonton AB. They are really good performance tires. 225/45/17 is probably a bit too big cuz my 215's are about a pinky finger away from hitting the spring perch on the strut.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Sumitomo&tireModel=HTR+Z+II

What kind of tires are you looking for?

Ordering online would be my last resort, I just hate waiting and I find that tire rack tires are kinda expensive. Apparently the shop I'm going to this weekend fit in on a protege (225/45R17). I've been also digging around for more info and turns out it is possible to fit in without any modification. Hope this info I gathered is true. Il find out this weekend. If it doesn't fit looks like il be waiting once again :(

Back