Issue after start up. Please Help

Armanirx7

:
2002 Mazda Protege5
Hey P5 owners,

So I just changes my battery and right after I started my car the car idles really low and the engine started shaking. This lasted maybe 5 seconds and then the car went to normal idle. I am not sure if this issue is related to the new battery ( I'm guess not) but it started happening right after I changed the battery.

It is really weird because it feels as if the car is going to die and then the idle comes back to normal.

I recently changed the spark plugs, the oil, and the air filter.

Please help.

Thanks

The ECU was reset when you disconnect the battery. Your car needs to relearn everything, it should be fine in 10 or 20 miles and completely reset within about 200 miles.

Happens every time you disconnect the battery. (that's how you can rub any codes and reset everything)

While changing the battery, you might have knocked the accordion tube, which is known to rip. That could have caused a vacuum leak leading to the lumpy idle. You might want to nspect the air intake tube thoroughly for tears by removing it from the car.

let us know, and report back what was issue. if it solves itself, or something else that we can help you with,
is also great to have this data for people to search with the same issue

UPDATE: I just drove my mazda for a few miles and pcb was right. The car was running great after I turned it off and back on. Thanks guys

Latest posts

Back