What MPG are you getting???

On your Vehicle page right beneath "Recent Activity" and "tips" section there is Share your MPG and it says "View all the badges and stuff you can share" click on that and just copy and paste the codes into your Signature here.

Just done nearly 3000miles in my New CX5 AWD 175 Sport Nav. Mainly rural and motorway. I am now getting 43.5 MPG. This was by the brim and calculate method. The computer was avaeraging 45.5 MPG. It has been consistantly 2MPG too good. This is not bad at all.

Just done nearly 3000miles in my New CX5 AWD 175 Sport Nav. Mainly rural and motorway. I am now getting 43.5 MPG. This was by the brim and calculate method. The computer was avaeraging 45.5 MPG. It has been consistantly 2MPG too good. This is not bad at all.

I'm a smidge under 23,000 miles, same model as yours and have consistently hit 47mpg / 48mpg (brim and calculate method using Fuelly.com) on my last few fillups. Similar to you, the car computer states roughly 2mpg above.

My latest figures after my recent fuel up. I have now travelled around 1500 miles since purchase. I commute 100 miles daily 2-3 times per week on mixture of country roads and dual carriageway etc.

According to the gauge, I get 9.4L / 100km in the city over the last 1000KM or so.

This works out to exactly 25 MPG US or 30 MPG Imperial.

So not bad for a SUV, but not the advertised 36MPG City the 2013 GS AWD is supposed to get, which I didn't expect to see anyways.
This is with 87 Octane fuel and very low RPM stop and go driving in Regina.

If I drive like I want to drive, it goes up to about 10l/100k, which is about 23 MPG US or 28 MPG Imperial.

Still blows the crap out of my old 2002 Escape which probably averaged about 18MPG Imperial, but below my 2000 Echo which was getting about 35mpg in the city.

2013 2.0L FWD Touring

Last weekend road trip to Maine I average 33.5 mpg without trying and also going well over 75mph in a long stretch of I95 in Maine where the speed limit is 75mph (no moose sightings :D ). 4 people in the car and a full cargo area.

Brand new AWD Touring.... 500 miles on it. Just drove 230 miles from Northern Kentucky to Bowling Green. Most of the trip is hilly. We had 3 adults and two kids and the cargo area packed to the rafters. Got 31.2 mph driving as I normally would.

BTW: this was on Shell 87 octane gas

Last edited:
I don't remember ever getting even 28 mpg average even when my car was completely stock. Seem I remember getting 24 or 25 before I changed the wheels, I'll have to restock my car and see what I can get; I wasn't really paying attention to mpg's at the time.

I have a little over 13,000 miles now, and have an average of 28.8 with probably 50/50 urban/highway mileage. The 28.8 figure is from a spreadsheet I have kept over 47 fill-ups.

Not calculating manually, but using the gauge display:

NJ to Brooklyn Commute (90 miles per day ... partially stop and go) - 29.5
Weekends in NJ stop and go - 29.5

Is there a major difference calculating manually?

There can be. So far my CX-5 has displayed ~1mpg less than actual (manually calculated). Other cars I've owned are more normally 'optimistic' by 1-2 mpg, so this was a nice surprise.

I usually vary from about 28 to 30 depending on my driving style. On longer trips it gets around 33 and on one fill up when I'd been driving a bit enthusiastically it dropped down around 26. Numbers based on calculations. I rarely reset the average readout so I'm not sure what it would have been saying.

390 mile round trip to alton towers from swansea 42.5 mpg there, 53.5 mpg coming back. drove up, Had a full day in the park air x 2, nemesis x 2, oblivion, smiler, rita, thirteen... etc, then drove home. wasn't tired at all car was excellent. much better than the chewy tough as boots waffle I had in the park :(

Just posted the best MPG (28) since I've taken delivery. Keep in mind that most driving is a 6 mile, 20 minute commute from stop light to stop light. Did a little more highway driving on this last tank and I'm very happy with the mileage numbers so far.

I just got back from a 200 mile trip from Utica NY to Upper Saranac lake. 31.2 mpg hand calculated, thought that was pretty good.

I have a 2014 AWD touring and my MPG seems much less than what everyone is reporting. Local driving semi rural area I average 23mpg and just did my first all highway tank and disappointly avraged 28mpg ( some traffic slowdowns on the parkway. And had AC on 2 people in car). Speed was 60 to 75 mph . any thoughts/ suggestions? Car has 2,200 miles on it

Your mileage seems about right. If you are in city driving, its going to be lower. My car sees mostly highway (20+ miles per trip) and we average around 29MPG per tank. On a road trip from SLC to Vegas, we only got 28, which I assume was due to the higher speeds 75+ and more weight in the car.

Just reading in Consumer Retorts about some testing they did on mileage at different speeds. The measured 3 cars, incl a RAV4 (but no Mazda), at 55, 65 and 75mph. They saw an consistent average drop of 27-29% between 55 and 75mph. Roughly 5-7 mpg per 10 mph (10-14mpg between 55 and 75).

I always knew there was a price to pay for speed, but didn't realise it was THAT much.

They also tested a car with roof rack and with bikes on. A huge impact with the bikes, but even with just an empty roof rack it was pretty big (3-5mpg). Guess I'm keeping my cross-bars off unless I need them!

Just reading in Consumer Retorts about some testing they did on mileage at different speeds.....

I believe it. I keep trying to remember to pick a stretch of road on my commute and try it at different speeds to see what the average mpg readout shows for each. I know it isn't unusual if I settle in behind a semi at around 60 mph to have the readout show 43+. But even though the road looks flat it has slight ups and downs and I don't know how much affect that has as I haven't tested the same stretch with and without the semi and at different speeds. Plus it doesn't take long before I get bored and have to speed up to about 68.

Back