Thinking of buying 2003 Mazda 5 Protege

prowess88

:
2003 Mazda5 protege
Hello everyone! I am thinking of buying a nice blue 2003 Mazda 5 Protege hatchback. It has 123k miles, leather, premium sound, sun roof, power seats, windows, etc.
I have no idea what to look for, and how to know I have found a great car, or how to avoid buying a bad car. I've searched for many months and have had a heck of a time finding a good car, so I don't want to blow it now! I am open to any and all advice about this car to help me decide on buying it or not.
Thanks!

Check all the fluids, ei. Oil, tranny, p/s. the quarter panels for rust starting (right behind the rear wheel wells). Tires tread. Ask if the brakes have been done lately, Aswell as the timing belt and water pump. Those can be costly and since its at 123xxx miles it's time for them to be done. Check out the cleanliness of the inside of the car. That usually shows how a person treated their car.

I didn't think it was an option either. Either way, check the motor mounts as best you can. It seems to pretty much inevitable on these cars.

Back